Sunday, November 30, 2025

Thanksgiving

We've had a busy week.  The kids were off school this week, so we've had a busy week of fun with friends and family.  On Monday, I swam and worked out.  David had one of Sister Shum's music camps and had a fun time with friends making crafts and singing songs.  



I met up with Sara and Emily for lunch.  We had a wonderful time together.  These ladies are so amazing and I'm so grateful to know them and get to spend time with them!  We get together a couple times a year and catch up and support and love!  


In the evening, I went with Aaron and Evelyn to swim practice and worked with the kids on their breast stroke.  

Tuesday, I had work in the morning, then I ran a couple errands.  Anna flew in and arrived early afternoon.  Dan picked her up, and when I got home, it was to her playing the piano and singing!  In the evening, Aaron and Evie had swim practice again, but I stayed home to work on food and clean up for Wednesday's Friendsgiving.  

On Wednesday, we had some friends over for food and fun.  We had Nicole and her kids and Liza and her kids, the missionaries came and Aaron's friend Luke, and Evie's friend Natalie.  Dan tried something new with one of the chickens he smoked.  He mariniated it and stuck it on top of a pineapple.... It looked funny, but tasted super good!  


Thursday morning, Grandma and Grandpa Cox arrived and we all gathered at our house to eat and and play.  Sandi came with the kids and Lisa came down her Steve and her kids.  It was super fun!  James and Lisa's son Ronin ended up getting along really well and her daughter Winter is so sweet!  

Friday morning, we met up with Sandi and the kids at a Christmas tree farm to pick out our Christmas tree.  We picked a fatty!  It's super round around the bottom with lots of room for ornaments!  The kids had fun meeting Santa and roasting marshmallows. 



Then we headed home to begin the decorating!  We started by getting out the decorations for the house (inside, not outside yet) and getting those set up, then we waited for Grandma and Grandpa to get back from Sandi's house to decorate the tree.  


Saturday, David had water polo.  Aaron and I went to Parkrose - and dropped Anna off at the airport on our way.  We had a great time playing.  Anna had a safe flight back to Utah.  In the evening, we went to Olive Garden for dinner with Sandi and the kids.  We had a fun time together chatting and eating.  Then we headed home.  I went to open polo in the evening, but just me - Evelyn has spent most of her evenings this week watching Stranger Things with Truman.  

Sunday, we went to church.  Sacrament meeting was our musical testimony meeting - as always, it was WONDERFUL!  I was on the organ today though, so it was a bit of an adventure!  After church, we had lunch and naps and fun.  Then ward choir!  We finally have some people from the other ward showing up to join us for the Christmas program.  Then a quiet evening with dinner and games and family time! 

No comments: