Sunday, November 9, 2025

Play-Offs and such

It's been a busy week.  We had water polo practices, school, work and friends.  James had Thursday and Friday off school and mostly just chilled at home.  

Evelyn has been busy - mostly spending time with Truman.  But she also wanted to spend some time swimming this week, so I let her come to water polo.  She did great and had fun and her friends on the team were happy to see her too! 

Thursday were our big play off games.  The girls played at 5 at David Douglas.  We knew it would be a tough game.  They play mean and we had lost to them already 3 times this season.  The girls really pulled it together though - they worked hard and were ahead the whole game, finally winning 16-12, even though one of our best players got rolled in the last quarter.  They did an amazing job and they were SO HAPPY to win this game and beat this team!  Now we get to prepare for playoffs this next weekend!  After leaving the girls game, I managed to hit a curb and get a flat tire on the grey car....  It happened right in front of a mechanic's house right as he was getting home - he helped me change my tire and got me moving agian.  Then I had a LONG, SLOW ride across town to get to the boys game.  The boys won easily and we are all excited about going to the quarter finals next weekend!  

Friday night, Dan and I went to the temple.  It was ward temple night and we got to see a bunch of friends there! 

Saturday was a relativly quiet day.  In the morning, David and Dan and I went to a primary service project.  We drove out to Jackson Bottom Wetlands in Hillsboro area to help plant trees with a group called "Friends of Trees"  It was a lot of fun and we had a great time.  The kids had a youth temple trip in the afternoon - then after, we all met up at the Olsen's for Paige's open house.  Then I went to open polo.  :)  Evelyn went to watch her friend Natalie in the school musical "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat" 

No comments: