Sunday, July 3, 2016

Camp

Well - I now have 2 kids in double digits.  Anna turned 10 on Monday!  She was so excited about being a double digit girl.  Unfortunately for her, It was kinda an insane day.  I spent a lot of the day getting things ready for camp - I had to run some errands, get everything packed and get laundry done.  Plus I had to meet the girls at the church to get everything packed into the trailer and sent up to camp.  After, we had Anna's birthday dinner of Burritos and then she opened her presents, then we took the kids down to drop them off with Aunt Tina for the week.  Eileen apparently forgot to bring anything to do and was bored all week (if her text messages to me and grandpa and Sister Smith are any indication....)  We took her ice cream cake to Frank and Tina's and she blew out her candles and we all had cake there before Dan and I headed home.  


Tuesday morning, bright and early we met at the church to head up for camp.  The weather this year was perfect - enough sun to be warm and enough cloud cover and sprinkles to not get too hot.  The girls seemed to have a good time and seemed to all feel welcomed and loved.  Our first day up there, we unpacked and set up camp, then in the afternoon, we headed for the lake and had fun in the canoes.  It was fun getting to see some of the girls trying something they had never done before and loving it!  

Wednesday morning after breakfast was the hike.  I chose to go on the 2nd year hike which is the longest - still not really a hike, but it was a nice walk through gorgeous scenery and even better - I got to see a beaver swimming around his pond!  It was really nice walking around and chatting with amazing people.  We spent the afternoon playing games and doing crafts.  Then tons of fun at the lake getting our skit ready and having fun at the lake.  Finally the evening program was a blast!  


One of the crafts offered was wood carving.  One of the cooks/bishops/awesome guy who reminds me of my dad - brought wood and knives for carving and taught the basics.  I had fun carving myself a "Harry Potter Wand" It took me the better part of all three days we were there to finish it, but I finally got it done and sanded and I love how it came out!  Now the plan is to stain the wood and display it - but first I'm going to have to convince the kids that it's not their toy!  :)


This is me at camp - Eileen was texting me and amazingly I had enough signal to get them and even to be able to chat with her on the phone a bit - so I sent her a selfie of me at camp - it's hard to tell from this photo - but one of the girls from the ward had done my hair for me into braids.

Thursday was more fun time and a service project and finally finishing my wand.  In the evening, we had our testimony meeting and we got some real rain for the first time.  It was such a sweet experience listening to the girls bear testimony!


Friday morning we packed up and headed out.  We were one of the first wards done packing up, but one of the last to leave since the girls were busy serving others and helping get everything done!  They are such amazing girls!  Finally we got home - got stuff divided up and sent home with people and I headed back home where Dan was busy with Newell and Jacob building us a new fence!  They were getting posts in -  I took a shower and a nap before heading to the baptism of one of my girls from camp.  I was playing the piano.  It was beautiful!  After I headed home to an early bed time and slept for nearly 12 hours.  I woke up late the next morning and Dan and Newell and Jacob were hard at work on the fence.  Becky and the girls came over for a bit too - they hung out and had dinner with us.  Hopefully Dan will be able to get most of the fence done tomorrow since we leave Tuesday for the Jones Family Reunion!

Church today was great!  Eileen fasted with us - and while she was a bit grumpy, she did great!  Relief Society was wonderful as always and I think my lesson went well in Sunday School.  After church, we had a nice walk home, then had dinner once Dan got home.  We spent our evening, having fun together and enjoying the beautiful weather.  Eileen wanted to play Killer Bunnies during her hour up, Anna didn't want to play - she said she wanted to scrapbook, but then spent most of the time chatting with us and looking over our shoulders.  Now that we have 2 who get to stay up, the dynamic is changing, we will have to figure it out!

No comments: