Sunday, July 17, 2016

Fun at Home

We had a fun and busy week!  Dan headed up with the young men for High Adventure.  He was gone with them until Friday - at which point he came home tanned, tired and needing to take his belt in another notch.  We went to the park on Wednesday morning with the Smith's and enjoyed playing outside while it was still cool enough to enjoy being outside.  

Wednesday night I had choir and Sister Cottrell watched the kids so I could go to Choir.  After Eileen, Anna and Aaron got back, I started getting emergency texts from Eileen that the kids were still awake - and by the time I got home after 10, they were all still up and running around.  Poor Eileen - but the kids sure had fun :)  

On Friday, we went to the Butterfly Pavilion and got ourselves a joint membership for the Butterfly Pavilion and the Children's Museum.  The kids are very excited about it.  They had a great time there as always. While we were there, we saw the posted for "Rosie's Birthday Party" which was the next day, so on Saturday, we didn't give Daddy any time to recover, we just dragged him along with us back to the Butterfly Pavilion.  They had tons of fun stuff going on - plus there was a special "Member's Only" area - and the kids were SO excited that they got to go in because they are now members.  :)  We came home with tons of free stuff - lots of junk toys, sunglasses, water bottles, bags, etc.  They all had a great time though!  


They even got to get their faces painted and Anna had her Caricature done.  We headed home at closing time, exhausted, but we had a great time!  Plus it was so great to have Daddy back!  



Sunday morning, our friends the Tolbert's got into town, they arrived just in time to come to church with us and then they stayed the night with us!  It was so good to get to see them again!!  We had a great afternoon playing games and chatting and singing and talking crafts!  There are times I think that I would like to move back to Texas, just to be near them and the Tilton's again...

No comments: