This week has been rather hot here - no not Texas hot - but we've been in the upper 90's and low 100's so the kids complain about playing outside after 10 in the morning unless the sprinklers are on so they can get wet. We spent most of Monday doing laundry and such - we were too tired to get a dinner planned so our amazing friends the Guinn's saved the day - They had cooked up some extra ribs trying a new recipe and brought over the extras. I added a salad and we were good to go.
The kids decided that they wanted to go to the park one morning, but about 5 minutes after we got there, they started complaining about the heat and wanted to go to the splash park instead, so we went home, got swimsuits and lunches and headed to the splash park/playground. We stayed until the lightning started, then we headed home. :)
Choir on Wednesday was awesome as usual!
Thursday, Dan and I went to the temple. We left Eileen in charge and things seemed to go smoothly enough. This was the first time leaving her in charge when she wouldn't be able to get a hold of us. She had Sister Smith to contact if necessary, but things seemed to go well - I'm not sure they would go as well if Anna weren't also here helping her. :) We did sealings then grabbed a quick dessert on the way home.
Friday, we headed for the Children's Museum. We got there a little late - but the kids had a blast while we were there, and we can go back any time now! They had a new area where the kids had a ton of fun climbing all over the place. They kids always love the fire station area - I was amazed to watch Aaron climb up to the top of the fire pole easily and quickly - over and over again.
They had a fun Vet Clinic area and of course, the bubbles are always fun. They loved the bubble chamber - the fun thing is that I have pictures of Sandi and I in this same bubble chamber when we were kids!
Saturday was our big stay at home and get stuff done day. Dan and the kids worked on cleaning out the garage, I worked in the house and in the afternoon, Sandi and the kids came over for a few hours and dinner while Jon met with employees.
Church today was fun - We had members of the temple presidency visit our ward today. Their talks in Sacrament meeting were wonderful. Unfortunately, I didn't get to be there for the 2nd hour question and answer session - I was subbing in James' primary class. Plus I got to hear him give his talk during primary! He was so cute! It was funny - once I told him I was going to be his teacher today, he got excited and wouldn't leave my lap (except for the choir number) The choir's musical number went great! It's so fun to hear all the talent in our ward!
No comments:
Post a Comment