It feels like we are all just holding our breaths and waiting. We keep going about our every day lives - piano lessons, school, church, play, work, doc appointments - but behind it all there is a feeling of holding our breaths and waiting. The newest addition to our not-so-little family is doing his best to make his presence known. He kicks and wiggles all day and I wait somewhat impatiently - feeling like it could be any day now (of course maybe that's just all the pushing he does on my bladder...) The kids are excited - they are excited for Grandma Cox to come back out and excited to meet the new baby. (I say kids, but I don't think Evie has any clue what is about to happen.) We had some friends over on Tuesday with their new 1 month old baby - I spent some time holding her - and Evie would climb up with me and look and pat her head sweetly and was very gentle with her. But after about 10 minutes or so (longer than I expected) she looked at me and said "Put baby down!" very clearly. She liked the baby and was ok with mom holding the baby, but the baby's time with her mommy was over and it was her turn now.

In addition to all the waiting, this week we celebrated Aaron's 4th birthday. We hadn't even come close to getting rid of all the junk food from the holidays, and now we have more cake around our house. Dan made Aaron a race track cake with real hot wheel cars on it. He loved his clothes from Grandma Penny and his Spider Man toy from Mom and Dad (Dan feeling a need to get him a 'manly' doll) Happy 4th birthday little man!!! We LOVE you!
Finally, just a fun little picture of the girls all dressed up for church... maybe I should have waited to take the picture until AFTER I had done their hair all pretty, but really - when it comes to getting 3 who are smiling - you take what you can get and be glad. :) Plus - they are all wearing 'new' dresses. Eileen's is a new Christmas Present from Great Grandma Penny, Anna's is Eileen's old dress - but it's new to her, and Evie's is Eileen and Anna's old dress - but once again new to her.
1 comment:
i am so excited for you to have your new addition! wishing you the best delivery!
Post a Comment