Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back to Life... Back to Reality

Well - the family has gone home, the kids are back in school and life is slowly returning to normal (at least as normal as it can get when I look like a beached whale and am about as useful....)

Tuesday we met Grandpa for lunch at a place called Holly West which I guess has been around and visited by my grandparents for MANY years. It was fun - but since (as usual with my family) we were running late, I had to drag the kids out early and before they were quite done eating to get the girls to their piano lessons.


Wednesday the female part of the family went to California Pizza Kitchen to have a little baby shower for me. I LOVE the food there (probably a good thing that the nearest one is over half an hour away....) and ate way too much with a stomach that is already being encroached upon by a baby - but loved the food, loved the time with family and loved having a no-kids lunch out!

Thursday was another doc appointment - not terribly exciting - it took all of 10 minutes for the Doc to measure me, listen to the heart beat and say I'm doing well. Aaron and Evie didn't even get to finish the snacks I brought for them. Thursday was also the family send off - they were wonderful about doing all the clean up from their stay so that it didn't create extra work for me - and even un-decorated and took down the Christmas tree.

Saturday Anna had a birthday party to go to for a friend from school. It was at a local pool - she had a BLAST - she loved playing with her friends in the water for a few hours - and since the only reason she had to get out was to eat cupcakes and pizza - she was happy. She didn't even complain when we had to go home!

No comments: