Sunday, January 8, 2012
A Testimony
Eileen is going to be turning 8 this year. Since her 7th birthday, she has been eagerly looking forward to her 8th birthday and the opportunity to be baptized. I talked with her earlier today about what it means to get baptized. I talked to her about the promise in the scriptures - Moroni 10:4 and how he tells us that if we want to know that the scriptures are really the words of God - all we need to do is read them and pray about it and the Lord will let us know. I explained that we would like her to listen to these words and find out for herself. She thought about that for awhile and then with some help from Dan, she wrote out her testimony and then got up to share her testimony during Fast and Testimony meeting at church. It was so sweet to see and hear her talk about her own knowledge of eternal truths.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment