Monday, January 2, 2012

...And a Happy New Year

We mostly spent our week recuperating and trying to get everything ready for house guests. We threw all the kids into one room and were actually able to get each family into their own room. We finished up Christmas Presents, cleaned house, and blew up air mattresses. The kids had a blast playing with their new toys and were entertained enough between that and the gorgeous weather to let Dan and I get everything done. (And still leave time for me to take a lot of naps.)

Family started arriving on Saturday morning - all the flights were delayed - so they were later than anticipated, but eventually they all made it safely. We got everyone settled, then headed over to Grandpa's house for Bagna Caulda and a bit of New Years Eve fun. Then we came home, put the kids to bed and got out the puzzle. :) Sandi and I mostly worked on our traditional New Years Eve Puzzle, while Dad wrapped presents and Dan and Jon browsed Netflix.

Sunday, I had a musical number during church and Sandi and I finished the puzzle. (Dan even helped some) :) And Dad and Grandma Penny wrapped more presents.

Monday I woke up with a bit of a head cold. I struggled through the morning, then finally gave up and took a nap...all afternoon. While I napped - the rest of the group went bowling. Of all the kids, Evie had the highest score... :) Haha - they used a ramp thingy and bumpers of course.


Grandpa Francone, Doug and Mark all came over for dinner and then we did our final Christmas Gift exchange. I love being able to spend time with family - and it's been such a blessing to have all our Colorado family around us and so much of the rest of our family gathered here with us. I am looking forward to a few more days with them. I'm not even so eager for the kids to start school again with them around :P

No comments: