We had a fun Halloween. Evelyn had a friend join us for Trick or Treating, James mostly went and hung out with Caleb and his siblings, Anna and I were accidental twins and David found one of his school friends to hang out with while we were out. We had a fun time, then Anna and Aaron and I took off a bit early for water polo practice, which as you might guess was poorly attended...
James had a primary activity on Wednesday, David was there too since I stay to help out usually, and the kids had a blast acting out Bible stories with costumes and props and such!
Eileen's 18th birthday was on Wednesday. She had classes on Wednesday, so Dan and I took her out for lunch on Tuesday instead, we had fun eating sushi and chatting in between her online classes. Eileen wanted a cheesecake instead of a traditional cake, so she had a white chocolate cranberry cheesecake! yum! She also got flowers from Grandma and Grandpa Cox and notebooks from Grandma and Grandpa Jones.

On Thursday, Eileen had a field trip for her marine biology class. She needed a ride though, so I got to take her and hang out with her at the zoo! We had a super fun time watching and playing with the penguins. I would have thought that watching penguins for an hour and a half would have been boring, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. Eileen had a tassel that they would follow and so we would play with them and had fun observing lots of human interaction! Then on our way out, we got to see the trainers feeding the otters! It was so cute!!! They would hold out their hand for a little otter high five and it was so fun watching them with their keepers! I love otters! It was a rather chilly and windy day, but we had a great time together and Eileen got herself a couple stuffed animals as a souvenir!

Friday was the beginning of State. We had our first match on Friday afternoon against Tualatin and beat them easily. We then had a few hours to hang out and wait for our second game. Our second game didn't go so well. We weren't playing our best, but even that would have been ok - what was most frustrating was the reffing. My girls were called out over and over again for things they didn't do leading them to be upset and frustrated and to play worse. We had known it would be a hard game, but having the refs do that was much more awful than losing.
Saturday, Anna had an Encore event for most of the day, I had a rehearsal in the morning which was a lot of fun and then in the evening, Dan and I went out to see a movie. We went to see Ticket to Paradise which was cute and had dinner.
Church was wonderful! We had an amazing fast and testimony meeting with a lot of the youth bearing powerful testimony! What an amazing generation of kids they are! Our afternoon was spent with ward choir and games and chatting with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment