Thursday, November 17, 2022

Championships and a Cloak

It's been a busy week heading towards the end of the season.  Plus Dan has had a busy week with work and getting things ready for a new big release next week.  Between school and water polo and working to get Evelyn's cloak done, we've been a bit busy!  

We had some really nice weather days where the younger boys were able to play at the playground after school which was nice - still cold, but at least sunny for a while.  It's always nice to be able to let them play and have fun with friends!  

The kids had Thursday and Friday off (well Eileen and Anna just had Friday off, but the younger kids had both days off) but I spent most of Thursday cleaning and cooking and then Anna and I spent all of Friday down in Corvallis for the championships.  

We had one last team dinner before the State Championships.  Thursday night, the girls came over for food and fun, then I sent them home to get to bed and get rest before our early Friday morning game.  

Friday morning, really early, we drove down to play Grant.  We weren't really on our game though and we lost the game that we should have won.  It was disappointing, but the girls played hard and gave it their all.  Anna and I stayed for most of the rest of the day to watch the games and hang out with friends.  It was fun getting to chat with the other coaches and Anna enjoyed chatting with friends on other teams.  The one plus to losing was no early Saturday morning game, so Anna and I headed home in the evening.  The downside to heading home was me really wishing that I could be down there watching the games and wanting to know how everything was going....  There were some pretty big upsets in the end!  



Anna got to go with Aaron and Evelyn to the multi-ward youth activity on Saturday and I got to go to rehearsal for the Peter the Rock.  I was also glad that I got to go play with the masters group because that was the only time all day that I wasn't thinking about the championships and wondering how it was going.  In the evening, we went over to Sandi's for a big birthday party.  We had fun dancing and playing games and eating pizza.  It was fun to hang out with Sandi and to get to see her new house!  

David is quite the social butterfly and had another birthday party this weekend.  He had a blast at the Lego Minifigs place with his friends.  

Church was wonderful!  The choir sang and did a wonderful job!  After I had some meetings, but then after, I was finally able to get Evelyn's cloak finished.  She has been asking me to work on it all week and it's finally done.  I love the fabrics she chose and it came out beautiful!  We left quite a bit of fabric on the bottom so that we can increase the length when she grows.  



No comments: