Sunday, September 4, 2022

Home and Away

It's been a crazy and wonderful week!  It started out with lots of water polo as usual.  Anna and Aaron and I had practice every day and they are amazing.  They work so hard and learn so quickly!  I also had my last week of masters until after the season is over :(  But at least I got a couple good days of play in.  

At home David and I have been having fun together.  The older 3 usually sleep in, so David and I go to my work outs together and play together and have fun together.  He saw on my computer a picture I took of him playing with his Duplo blocks and wanted to get them out and play with them again, so he had fun playing with his blocks and making me take silly pictures of him.   



On Thursday, our family was finally back together!  Eileen, Evelyn and Grandma and Grandpa arrived and I picked them up and drove them home.  It is so good to have everyone back home again and so nice to have Grandma and Grandpa here!  My dad came to the kids water polo practice to watch and help him stay awake since he was still a bit jet lagged.  

On Friday morning, my Dad went home to Texas and my Mom stayed here so Dan and I could have a weekend anniversary trip.  So Friday late morning, Dan and I took off and headed for the coast.  We stopped for lunch, then headed out to go Zip Lining.  We loved it, but when they offered the option to just dip a hand or a food in or get soaked, Dan chose "get soaked" and he did.  So he was very wet and rather cold by the end!  But we had a great time!  After, we headed to our hotel room and got checked in so he could take a hot shower, then we walked down to Rockaway Beach for dinner.  I found some Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken and he got clam chowder.  




Saturday we started off walking into town for breakfast, then drove to where our adventure for the day was while looking for places to stop and look around.  We ended up walking on the beach before getting back in plenty of time for our horse back riding!  The weather was perfect, though rather foggy at points, it was also warm and not rainy.  We had a great ride though!  


After, we headed back to Rockaway for dinner and some shopping.  We got a couple souvenirs and found an Indian food truck for dinner.  It was really yummy!  

Today, Dan and I walked to church in the morning and then home after.  The weather was beautiful!  After, we played some games and then decided to find a nature trail to go walk around.  We spent the whole afternoon at Cape Meares Scenic Viewpoint.  We checked out every trail we could find and got to see a lighthouse, lots of nesting bird sights, the Octopus tree, a really big tree and a longer hike down to the beach.  It was just beautiful and though the weather was overcast, it wasn't rainy, so we had good weather too!  




After tiring ourselves out, we headed back to our hotel for leftovers and a gorgeous view from our balcony!  We have really loved having this one on one time together!!  It's been a wonderful few days!


No comments: