Monday, September 12, 2022

Back to School...kinda

Dan and I packed up Monday morning and walked on the beach to get breakfast at our new favorite bakery, then we checked out and headed out.  We stopped at Rockaway one last time to get Dan a sweatshirt, then we headed towards Tillamook for a bit, we went to the Blue Heron cheese place and walked through some of the cute downtown shops, then we headed back to Beaverton for lunch and a stop at the game store before heading home.  

The kids did great, Grandma said they were good and the older ones were a big help - but they made her do all the dishes....  Grandma headed out early Tuesday morning - even before the kids were getting up for school.  James and Aaron started on Tuesday.  David and I got to get in our walks walking James to school!  

On Tuesday, David and I went down to the school for a meet the families day.  David got to meet the Kinder teachers and see the class rooms and I got to talk to the teachers and tell them about David! 


Evelyn started school on Wednesday.  The high school age kids started Seminary on Wednesday, and if Anna had realized that Band was first period and not second, she would have started her one class at the high school on Wednesday.  


 

On Thursday, David got to go to school with half of his class for the first day.  They spent their time learning about how things work and getting to know their teacher.  David loved it.  When I came to pick him up, he was sad because he wanted more time to play, so I let him stay and play on the playground for a bit before we met up with James and his friends at the park.    I spent my day cleaning and running some errands with Eileen and Anna 




David's second day of school isn't until Monday - Friday the other half of the class went, but he starts full time every day on Monday.  He loves being in Kindergarten and loves meeting new people and making new friends. 

Saturday morning, Evelyn wanted to go to a little Beaverton Parade.  She had friends from school and church in the parade.  So she and David and I went and had a great time.  Everyone was tossing candy, so David was happy as a clam.  


He was so loaded up with candy that his pants were falling down.  



After, we went home, then I headed out to water polo.  It was great getting to play, I've missed it this week!  When I got home David saw me and ran to me saying "what were you doing?"  I told him I was playing water polo and asked him what he had been doing and he gave me a huge hug and said "loving you!"  It was so cute!  In the evening, we had a ward BBQ that we went to and had fun hanging out with friends and neighbors!  

Church today was wonderful!  I went to Relief Society with Eileen today since it was her first day moving up to Relief Society.  She seemed to enjoy it, though she mostly sat quietly and listened.  It was a great discussion and a great lesson!  After, we had ward choir and they are sounding so good!  Finally, in the evening after dinner, I took Anna to her first Encore rehearsal and the parents meeting before.  It was such a neat experience!  

Eileen and Anna don't start their college classes for awhile yet, but they are all ready for the new school year too! 

No comments: