Sunday, March 22, 2020

Isolation....kinda....

Well the world is still crazy.  The kids are still off school and we are still here partying together and waiting on news of what will happen next.   We made chili for dinner one night and planned to have chili cheese dogs, but couldn't find hot dogs or buns, until Dan stopped by 7-11 so we had hot dogs from 7-11 with homemade chili.  He told me he had found some hot dogs with buns - so when he came home with a stack of all the hot dogs they had left I cracked up! 


But the food was still good! 


We tried a Costco trip this week - we were a little lower than we usually like to get on canned goods and frozen chicken and diapers.  We were able to get some stuff, (thankfully this included the diapers) but not everything.  And even though I got there early, this was the line to get into the store!  It was insane!!   Thankfully I wasn't in any need of toilet paper! 


The weather has been mostly pretty overcast and chilly, so we didn't spend as much time outside as I would have liked, but we did go on some walks in the neighborhood - Evie even found a little frog while we were out one day!  


Dan is still working at home, I love having him around, but I think he's having a hard time - not because the kids are causing problems - they are pretty good at letting him work - but I think he's having a hard time leaving work at work when it's all at home - I'm not sure that makes sense, but I think he feels like he is working too much and not being able to shut down when he's supposed to be off.  Eileen has vowed to make sure he comes down to eat lunch every day.  :) 

The schools are sending home work packets and getting classes that they kids can do online.  So next week we are back to classwork for all the kids.  We told Evie that once she got her packet done for the week, then she could have her hour up - so if she got it all done on Monday, she could have her hour up all week.  We will see how it goes - but it's a strong motivator for her!   I'm hoping to get us back on a bit of a schedule next week - we will see how it goes.  Anna has everything all planned out already including making sure she practices her trumpet before David's nap time! 

Saturday, we had a small baby shower for a friend in our ward.  We only had a few people, but we had a fun time eating, chatting, decorating onesies and playing silly games.  Dan and the girls were so helpful in getting everything ready and we were able to send a bunch of the leftover food home with her so hopefully that is a meal or two less that she has to cook. 



Saturday evening, we went to go vacuum the church - they divided up the cleaning work and had families do a section of the cleaning each.  We had a fun time serving together and then headed home for dinner!  Dan got a turkey at the store and is planning a Thanksgiving feast since it was really the only meat we could get!  lol  He's gonna smoke it, so it should be YUMMY! 

Church today was wonderful - we had a great little meeting together and Evie spent a little time trying to teach "I Will Walk With Jesus" to David - it was so cute!  We played some games in the evening, now we are ready to head to bed and get ready for the coming week!

No comments: