Sunday, March 1, 2020

Friends and Fun

We had a fun and busy week this week!  David and Eileen and I went to the zoo with some friends from church and their kids.  We had a great time!  The kids had a blast together and even Eileen had fun.  Eileen was a great helper with the little kids all trying to run everywhere.  We carpooled with some friends - it's great to have a big van and get to do stuff like that - the kids loved riding in the car together.  



This girl has been getting measured at the zoo since she was just a toddler!  She's not so little anymore.  


We used our zoo pass to get monorail tickets for everyone and then carousel tickets for everyone.  Then our friends were nice enough to share the lettuce for feeding the giraffes - David loved it!  I think Eileen's favorite part was learning about the elephants and their mating habits - she found them highly amusing....







Monday evening, we had some friends over for dinner and games.  We had a fun time chatting and playing Dominion with them!  

Tuesday was a crazy busy day, David and I went to the group fitness class in the morning and had fun playing with friends and getting a workout.  Then in the afternoon, Anna had a track meet - she was running the first even and the last event, so Dan went and watched her first event while I took kids to piano lessons, then Dan and I went to watch her final event after getting the younger kids to bed.  She did a great job!  It was windy and rather chilly though!  


Wednesday evening we had primary and youth activities.  For our boys primary activity, we taught the boys to throw Frisbee and then attempted to play Ultimate Frisbee.  I think they mostly had fun - but it took them awhile to get the idea.  Anna had an ortho appointment in the afternoon - she is eager to get her teeth straightened.



Thursday was the usual busy evening with DMCO.  Great rehearsal and lots of fun!

Friday morning, David had a play date with some friends - he had a blast and really didn't want to leave.  It's really cute because he can't quite say the little girl's name  - he calls her "bleh-bleh" -that is as close to Elizabeth as he gets...   In the evening, Aaron had a birthday party to go to, and Dan and Eileen and Anna and I watched Les Miserable.

David hit his Terrible Twos hard this week - it seems like everything is a battle with him now.  He wants to do everything himself - which isn't new - but now he gets mad and yells at us when ever we try to help - then again when he can't help and wants our help...  I hope he passes through this soon - I want my sweet little boy back!

Saturday morning, we picked up Sandi and went to work out with my mom.  We had a great work out - it's mom's last before she gets the other knee replaced next week.   Dan took the kids to the Library and to Costco and to get Evie a new fish at Petco.  She got a beautiful red male betta fish - she has named him Shannon.  He seems to be eagerly exploring his new home.   We played some games together, then got the kids to bed.  Then Dan and I took Eileen out to ice cream and to talk about her schooling and her future plans.  We are trying to figure out a new path to take with her - this one isn't working.   She isn't enjoying her learning and we are stressed by the format and with how everything is going.  I think it all went well and we have a plan to move forward with.   Then I went to practice the organ while Dan made Anna watch the Fast and the Furious (1)  insisting that she would appreciate it as much as he does.  I think he was a bit overly optimistic.  :)

Today was wonderful - the kids were great.  The organ playing went pretty well and the testimonies were wonderful.  In the evening, we had some friends over for dinner.  David loves this family and gets very excited when the "punkins" are coming over!  The kids all had a blast together and Anna even coaxed their youngest to go play upstairs with her for awhile.  Then we had some more fun playing games together before bed.

No comments: