Sunday, September 15, 2019

the big 4 - 0

David and I kept busy this week with running errands and the usual laundry and playing and reading and such.  We met up with Dan for lunch and had a fun time together.  We had a blast having our friend Dana and her cute kids over for lunch on Friday.  David just loves her daughter - and he regularly asks when he can play with Addie again.  They had a great time playing together and we had a great time chatting.  During nap time, I got some working out in and some doll house furniture worked on - the bed is almost done - I just need to finish the painting job and then work on the mattress. 

Saturday was my birthday!  We spent the morning cleaning the church and then we got donuts for breakfast.  Then we spent some time cleaning the house.  Dan threw me a birthday party - we had yummy treats and played games and had a great time!  For my birthday, Dan got my piano repaired.  The only down side is that it will take a week to fix, and it's not use-able in the meantime  :)  It's going to be so nice having the pedal and stuff fixed! 

Church was wonderful - I ended up having to play the organ again today - it was a bit rough, but we survived - we had picked the songs based on our usual organist playing, so they were harder than I would probably have picked on my own - but I made it!  Primary was a bit crazy, but good - I'm beginning to stress a bit about the program next week - but it will be fine.... I hope! 

This afternoon, the kids and I played games and did some painting and crocheting and such.  We had a great evening talking about the gospel - I was amazed at how much the kids remembered this week - they all remembered stuff from Sacrament meeting too! 

Dan took off this afternoon for a business trip to San Jose - he will only be gone until Tuesday, but Evie is a bit bummed about him being gone for her birthday - but he asked her first and she said ok while trying to milk as much out of him in return as possible! 

No comments: