Sunday, September 1, 2019

Family Time

It's been a busy week.  I picked the sister missionaries up to take them home from District Council and got to see my amazing niece Bianca - a.k.a. Soeur Jones.  It was so wonderful to see her - even if just for a little bit!  



Tuesday I met with the new cub scout leaders briefly to get things ready for cub scouts!  It's going to be great for the boys!  

David loves getting to say prayers - so after family prayers one night, he wanted to say his own prayer.  He is such a sweet little boy!  


Wednesday evening, I took the girls in to Young Womens so that I could practice on the organ while I waited

Now it's mostly him and I at home during the day - Eileen is around, but busy with school work.  We spend a lot of time reading and singing songs and coloring and playing.  He's so cute - he even knows to clean up the toys he's playing with before he gets out new ones!  



 Thursday afternoon, I drove the sisters again for exchanges - I love being able to serve and help them out!  Then in the evening, we met Grandma and Aunt Sandi and Kai for pedicures.  We chatted about how we are going to do Grandma's doll house, and life in general, then we headed over to Panera for dinner.  It was a fun evening together! 




We always take a "toes picture" after, but we forgot this time, so we took it on Saturday:)  


Friday, Dan and I dropped Evie off for a Sleep over with Kai, and then Dan and I went on a date.  We went and walked around a huge game store!  We had fun together and picked up a new game.  Then we played it when we got home - it's a lot of fun!  

Saturday morning, Anna, Sandi, Mom and I went to work out, then we headed back to my parents house where Dan was waiting with the rest of the kids.  Some of the kids spent some time in the pool - but it was not a particularly hot day, so they ended up back inside snuggled up watching Mary Poppins Returns by the time we got back.  


Mom, Sandi, Anna and I spent the rest of the morning working on the doll house - stripping the old wall paper, and flooring and curtains and cleaning it out.  It had gotten rather dusty and cobweb-y.  Then we spent some time deciding how to proceed.  We are going to start with the master bedroom area and then see from there.  I'm excited to get started on this! 

In the evening, Dan and the older girls went with the rest of the Youth to the temple.  They had a wonderful time!  When they got home, I headed to the church to practice some more and prepare for playing the organ some more.  It went well - the prelude, not so much, but my practicing payed off!  Primary went well and then I got home exhausted and slept.  This week has been a bit nuts and I was feeling way behind on sleep.  After was dinner and scriptures and prayers and phone calls to Grandma and Grandpa Jones.  Then some fun game time with Aaron, Eileen and Anna after the younger kids went to bed. 

No comments: