This week was the kids first full week of Summer Break. The kids spent a lot of the week just playing and having fun together. Monday was laundry and grocery shopping as usual.
Tuesday, Aunt Tina came and took the kids to the Butterfly Pavilion for a few hours and I went to get a hair cut and relax a bit. The kids had a blast - they always love the Butterfly Pavilion. I chopped about a foot off my hair - but it is still half way down my back - so not exactly short. Aaron decided to re-read through the Harry Potter books and at one point, I caught him reading like this and couldn't help snapping a picture. :) In the evening, I had my last institute class - we had some yummy snacks and a great lesson! I'm looking forward to next year and diving into the Book of Mormon! We also had our friends Kay and Reggie over for some games - Apparently Eileen had thrown down the gauntlet about beating Reggie at Dominion, so they came over to try and take her down a notch... and failed.... Thankfully they were still there playing and having fun when I got back from Institute and stuck around for another game - where Dan and I both got brutally beaten. :)
Wednesday, Eileen went over to help out a sister in our ward who had just had twins - she had a great time serving and helping with the tiny babies and their toddler age older sister! While she was there, I took the kids and we all went to the dentist's office for Evie's appointment which went well, then we headed back to pick up Eileen, then home. In the evening was the usual summer Wednesday - Young Men's and Young Women's activities and the younger kids hanging out with me.
Thursday was piano lessons in the morning, then just hanging out and playing outside most of the afternoon. We also were starting to want to get things ready for our trip next week. I took Eileen and Anna with me to drop off Aaron and Cub Scouts, then we headed over to the Dollar Store and Walmart to get some things for the trip. Then we picked up Aaron and headed home.
Friday was more time at home - getting some stuff ready and getting some clean up done. I took the kids to the used book sale before lunch and we picked up some books and headed home. Anna was excited to find a bunch of Babysitter Club books that we didn't already have and we got some good stuff - but the selection wasn't as good as it's been in the past.
Saturday was rather busy. Eileen had flute lessons in the morning. Dan was taking his Project Manager Certification Test that he has been studying hard for this past month. He passed it and did very well - it was such a relief for him to have that done and to be able to be done studying and stressing out. We also spent a lot of the day getting laundry done and getting things ready for the trip.
Sunday was church in the morning with great talks and lessons and choir in the afternoon, then in the evening we got the kids clothes packed up and ready to go for the next day!
No comments:
Post a Comment