Sunday, June 25, 2017

Waiting

This week has been one of waiting.  I felt like I was counting down all week.  James would come up to me each day and ask how many more days.  How many more days until Grandma gets here?  How many more days until the baby comes?  How many more days until Anna's birthday?  And he wanted to keep tabs on the countdown every day.

The week was mostly summer normal.  Dan still had young men's stuff - including a hike with them on Friday morning - and work of course.  We still had laundry to get done, dinners to cook, and days to fill with play and crafts and fun.  Dan and I had a list of stuff that we needed to get done before Sunday in addition to the usual - including packing my hospital bag, cleaning up the spare bedroom, and getting stuff ready for baby.

The waiting to head into the hospital was the worst.  I wanted the time to pass, I wanted to be busy doing something, but didn't know what.  Dan asked if I would like a blessing - I did.  It was an incredibly precious moment where words he used lines up almost exactly with my patriarchal blessing and after filling as much time as possible pacing the house, it was time to go.

No comments: