Sunday, May 28, 2017

School's Out for Summer

Well, it's been a busy week, with Dan out of town, life is always more tiring - he is such an amazing husband and father that there is truly a big hole in our lives when he's gone.  Monday included laundry and grocery shopping and all the usual school and home fun.  I tried to get most of the laundry folded, but after grocery shopping, I just couldn't stay up that late.  So I headed to bed and finished it later.

Tuesday was more tired me.  Becca came over which was fun and we had fun chatting and crafting stuff.  After school was the usual, and then in the evening was institute.  Class was wonderful!!!  I love getting to go and dive into the scriptures every week!

Wednesday was field day for the kids.  I sent them off to school covered in sunscreen and with more to apply during the day and for once they came home mostly sunburn free - Anna, despite bringing a hat managed to lose it early on and get a sunburn on her head, but other than that - they did pretty good this year!  In the evening, Eileen had her YW activity and Anna had her Activity Day girls activity.

Thursday was the kids last day of school!  It was overcast most of the day - but rain held off long enough to allow the kids to all get together at the park after school with their friends.  They had a great time and now they are excited about the end of school.  After school was mostly the usual.  Aaron had cub scouts, Anna took him there and got him after on bikes (thankfully weather was mostly good though they got a bit rained on on the way home, and the sun is going down late enough for it to still be light at 8) and I had a baby shower that I went to for a bit.

Friday was the first official day of summer break and we celebrated by starting the day off with piano lessons.  :)  After, Nevaeh came over to play for the day.  The kids had a fun day of playing outside and making crafts for their American Girl type dolls.  Dan got home just in time for dinner and some fun together in the evening.  We started watching "The Flash" with Eileen since she's been on a superhero kick lately.  So far, she's really enjoying it.

Saturday morning, Eileen had flute lessons, then we spent the morning taking it a bit easy and getting some stuff done around the house.  In the evening, we went over to the church for a pot luck dinner with the Crockett's visiting from Kansas City and had a great time!  Dan got some more practice in for the big test next week.  And we ended the day with a quiet evening getting ready for the Sabbath.

Church today was wonderful.   The talks given in Sacrament meeting were wonderful and the rest of church went great - and for once I didn't get called out of class to try and help one of my kids make better choices...  :)  After church, Dan did some home teaching and then I had choir practice, then Dan did some more home teaching.  There was a bit of napping that happened and then a yummy dinner with the family.  I picked Doug up from the airport - he had gone out for Julia's graduation - and had a nice conversation with him on the way home.  Then in the evening, Dan beat us soundly at Killer Bunnies and then took great joy in rubbing it in to Eileen.  While I just looked on and laughed.  :)  Now it's time for bed!!  just over 1 week before we go to Utah and 4 weeks to baby!

No comments: