This week has been rather exhausting and busy, but still fun! Monday was laundry day as usual. I haven't got a whole lot of energy these days, especially after climbing up and down the stairs all day while doing laundry, so other than that, we mostly just stayed home and played outside and read books and had fun together. In the evening, we had a nice family home evening together before sending the kids to bed!
Tuesday morning, I had my OB appointment - I was just shy of 2 cm dilated, so right about where I would expect to be at this point in the pregnancy. At the very least it's nice to know that things are progressing as expected. She also did the group b strep test and sent me home! Becca came over to hang out and crochet. The kids LOVED having baby Laura over to play with and entertain. Aaron had an orthodontist appointment that we ran over to quickly before coming back for lunch. Aaron got two more brackets on his teeth - he is now up to a grand total of 4. Aaron also had Twilight Camp this week with the cub scouts - so Tuesday evening, we dropped him off at the church and he went off for an afternoon of cub scout fun. He had a great time! In the evening, Dan and I went on a date night - we got a quick dinner, the went to see Wonder Woman together. We also tried to watch our nephew Colin open his mission call live on Facebook. We are so excited for him as he prepares to serve in Mexico!
Wednesday was quiet most of the morning, but the evening got a little crazy. Dan was helping out at Twilight camp, so he took Aaron up in the afternoon. I left not too much later to stop by Doug's new house and get the tour and the rest of the trampoline parts. I got home just in time to let Eileen head off to Young Women's.
Thursday was again Twilight Camp for Aaron, along with me running a bunch of errands. I hit Costco and Walmart to get everything ready for the weekend. Plus, the group b strep test kit they used at my appointment on Tuesday was found to be an expired one, so I had to go back in for another quick test. In the evening, Dan set up the trampoline for the kids, but by the time they got it all done, it was time for the kids to go to bed.
Friday they spent all day on the trampoline. They figured out after lunch that putting on swimsuits and soaking themselves while jumping was a LOT of fun. They also had piano lessons in the morning. Even during lessons - when they weren't doing lessons, they were mostly jumping. It's been really nice to have something to entertain the kids while I have no energy :) Friday afternoon, Becky picked me up for our Mom's night out. We headed to the hotel, checked in and watched Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries while she worked on knitting a baby blanket and I worked on the baby's cross stitch. We grabbed a quick dinner at Noodles and Co and finished up our evening. We had a great time - we always do - relaxing with a great friend and no kids for a night. Plus, we got to sleep in the next day!
We had planned Anna's birthday party for Saturday - she wanted a party with some friends, and since the baby will be coming right before her birthday, we wanted to kinda let her have a party just for her. We did hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch and cake and ice cream and presents - but the rest of the party was spent outside in swim suits throwing water balloons, jumping on the trampoline with a hose, playing on the slip and slide, and shooting each other with water guns. They had a great time together! After the party and clean up, we tried to make sure we got everything ready for the Sabbath before heading to bed exhausted.
Dan made Anna an awesome rainbow cake!
Eileen has been wanting to get her hair cut short for Summer, so after the younger kids were in bed, I took her over to J.C. Penny's and she got her hair cut. She looks so cute! And she got lots of compliments on it today at church.
Church today was wonderful. Aaron helped me make biscuits for breakfast for Dan for Father's Day, and the primary kids sang for the father's in Sacrament meeting. It was hilarious - they sang "Daddy's Homecoming" and at the part where they sing "put my arms around his neck" when most of the kids made motions of pretending to hug their daddy, Evelyn put her hands around her throat and looked like she was trying to pretend to choke her daddy. Classes and lessons were wonderful! After church, we had lunch, I made cookies and then we headed to ward choir. I managed to make it and stand the whole time. Just one more week! In the evening, we had some friends from church over to cake and ice cream and games. It was lots of fun!
We are now down to one week. I kinda thought I might be a bit melancholy about this being my last pregnancy, but really I'm just glad. I'm at that least comfortable and most achy part of pregnancy and I'm eager to be done with pregnancy and eager to get to hold our baby!! James was so cute the other day - he told me that he wanted our family to be bigger - I told him that it would be in just a little while! I think I may have "Final Countdown" stuck in my head all week....
No comments:
Post a Comment