Sunday, May 7, 2017

It's the final countdown!

Well we are officially heading into the end of school year craziness.  The kids have tons of stuff going on at school this month and this week was just the beginning.  Monday was just the usual crazy - laundry, grocery shopping and such.   I took Eileen with me to the grocery store and ended up getting her some face wash and talking about make-up.  She's growing up so fast!

Tuesday, James had preschool, and Becca came over.  Her sister had some car trouble so Becca went to pick her up and brought her back so we could all have lunch together.  And Dan even came home for some of it.  :)  Normally I would have had institute on Tuesday, but the Chorale's rehearsal was moved to Tuesday to be able to do a tech rehearsal at the church that our concerts would be at.

Wednesday was late start for the kids, plus it was the day that Anna and her class at school headed off to CalWood for a few days.  She was so excited.  I didn't have choir that night since I had it on Tuesday, but Dan and Eileen still had their youth activity in the evening.

Thursday was preschool for James again and of course cub scouts in the evening for Aaron.  Plus Eileen had her final Teens for Oceans meeting - which was apparently a end of year party that she didn't enjoy...  I also tried to take advantage of the nice weather to get some yard work done.

Friday, Anna got back from CalWood and she needed to be picked up early from school - which gave us just enough time to get her home to shower (so of course James had to also) and change before going to get the rest of the kids from school.  It's so nice to have Anna back.  You might think that with 4 other kids at the house that one less kid wouldn't make that much of a difference, but she was much missed.  Then in the evening, Sister Cottrell came and watched the younger kids while Dan and Eileen came with me to my concert.  The concert over all went really well.  Eileen was so cute - after she said that the reason she likes Easter and Christmas so much is not because of the candy and presents, but because of the concerts.  :)  The three of us made a quick stop at Chili's for the molten lava cake before heading home for the night.

Saturday was long and tiring and fun.  Dan left first to go on a hike with the scouts - there ended up being only one scout - but it was still a great hike and a great experience.  Eileen left second - I dropped her off at 8:30 at the school for a day at Elitches with her school band and choir groups for a music festival.  Unfortunately for Eileen, she doesn't have a very strong stomach and threw up after the first ride and didn't go on many after that.  She kept sending me texts throughout the day that she hated it and didn't want to go again.  But the choir and the band both performed well and got a gold rating, so she was excited about that at least!  The younger kids still had piano lessons in the morning, then in the afternoon, we headed over to the church for the graduation party for one of the young women.  It was a lot of fun and there was of course great food!  After we headed home in time for me to get ready for my last pre-baby concert and head out.  The concert again went well and after I went home and begged for a food massage....

Sunday was wonderful.  It was fast and testimony meeting day and Evie and Anna both got up and bore testimony.  Sunday School was great and Relief Society was wonderful.  Aaron had a bit of a hard day and I got called out to talk to him near the end of church, but otherwise all was well!  After church was lunch and I was getting some stuff ready for choir then we had choir practice.  It went well and I'm excited about getting to be in this calling.  I may not be a great director - but I love the music and I love the chance to share that love and excitement!  We had the elders over for dinner tonight and had a wonderful lesson from them.

No comments: