Tuesday, James and I went to his final preschool day - we did a fun little field day and had a fun snack together and just had fun. James and I got there early to play at the park for a bit and ran into some friends from the Peoria ward!
After preschool, James and I headed over to Quest to be there for Evie and Aaron's Hogwarts End Feast and the other fun. It was a blast to watch them have fun and play quidditch. Then we grabbed the rest of the kids and headed home. In the evening, I had Institute which was so awesome!
Wednesday was late start. James and I mostly hung out and read books and played games. In the evening, Dan and Eileen had youth activities and I hung out with the younger three.
Thursday was much the same, but with out the late start. In the evening, Aaron had cub scouts and the rest of us tried to work some on getting the house cleaned up.
Friday was more clean up and get ready stuff, then in the evening, we went over to Dwayne and Nicole's house for a yummy birthday dinner for Dan. Dwayne made curried chicken (SO YUMMY) and I brought a pineapple upside down cake. We all had a blast - the kids playing and the grownups chatting and laughing.
Saturday was long and exhausting, but lots of fun too. It started off with Flute lessons for Eileen. Piano lessons for the kids, a doctor's appointment for Evie to get a wart burned off and then we all met up at a graduation party for one of the young men in our ward. Then we headed home to get everything finally set up and ready for Dan's birthday party. I meant to take pictures, but failed. We had a great turn out and got a lot of the food eaten. I made 12 avocados worth of guacamole and it mostly got eaten. We got to see lots of friends and had lots of fun. After, we did some clean up and then Dan ran some quick errands to get ready for his trip and the Sabbath, then we crashed.
We got up for church the next morning, not quite recovered from our Saturday, but happy to be there. The choir sang and they did a great job, we had some great lessons and then we headed home. Dan had just enough time to get home and grab his stuff and kiss us good by before heading to the airport. He will be gone most of next week in San Francisco. :( The kids let me take a little Sunday nap, then we played a game of Life (I won!) Then we did dinner and had fun playing together. Our home teacher stopped by with some popsicles, so we had popsicles and played outside until bed time.
No comments:
Post a Comment