Sunday, October 23, 2016

YEY Grandma!!

This week has been rather insane.  Monday morning, I had a dentist appointment.  James was so mad that I got to have a dentist appointment, and he didn't, so we made sure to set up his 6 month check up so he can have a dentist appointment too.  :)  He's asked me almost every day since when his appointment is.  After, we made a trip to Costco, then I headed over to Jen's house to give her a ride to go pick up her van and help her get some much needed groceries.  After, James and I ran by Hobby Lobby to pick up some yarn for a scarf for Ann, then James and I went to pick the kids up from school.  Dan and I had a new friend from church over for dinner, she was from Africa and had never had enchilada's before!  Then we had a great family home evening lesson by Anna with her.

Tuesday morning, James had preschool and after dropping him off - I headed over to my allergist for my yearly check up.  Got finished just in time to head back and pick up James.  Then we had lunch and played games together until we had to get the kids from school.  After school, the kids had their usual getting stuff done and having fun.  In the evening, I had Institute which was wonderful as always!

Wednesday the kids had late start and Dan was mostly working from home to try and get stuff done before his trip this weekend.  I let James have some fun playing learning games on my tablet so I could get some work done on my computer, then we played games together in the afternoon.  In the evening, Aaron had cub scouts, and I had choir.  This was our last run through before the Temple Workers Devotional.

Thursday my mom started on her trip out here and the kids were so excited!  James had preschool again, and Becca came over to crochet and chat and to let me hold the baby while James was there.  Then I went and picked up James and we all had lunch together before Becca had to leave for a doctor's appointment.  It was so fun!  And I'm looking forward to trying to make this a regular thing!  In the evening, Dan had a temple trip with the youth.  My mom got in just in time to watch us eat dinner and have just a little with us.  Then it was time to get the kids to bed and wait for Dan to get home.

Friday morning, we got the kids to school, then my mom watched James while I went to another check up.  (All the check up's this week were routine basic stuff - they just all happened to fall in the same week.)  After, Dan and I went and grabbed an early lunch together, then my friend Tammy came over for some help with a sewing project which we worked on and got it mostly done before my mom got back from picking the kids up from school.  After she left, I took the kids (except Anna who was at robotics club) to the Used Book Sale.  The kids had fun as usual picking out books - and as usual I had to restrain them from going too crazy.  Then I found a couple for me and Eileen and I found some music books which looked like fun!  We got home just in time to empty the books out of the car and to be there for Becca and Jeremiah to drop off Laura so they could go on a date.  But she slept the whole time...  But it was still fun cuz when they got back - Laura was just waking up, so they stayed a bit and chatted while she ate and Becca and I got to talk Doll stuff and doll ideas for a bit before they had to go home.  Then I went and played Maple Story with the girls for a little bit before bed time.

Saturday morning, I got up and took Eileen to flute lessons, then got home and while the kids had piano lessons, I got the chili ready for the chili cook off that night, then I headed out to run an errand and then headed to Christina's baby shower.  It was a ton of fun and her baby is so adorable!!  After, I headed home - finshed up getting the chili ready and getting a pineapple upside down cake ready to bring too.  Then we packed up and headed to the church for the annual ward chili cook-off.  We all went and enjoyed yummy food and good friends.  We got home with just enough time to get the kids showered and ready for bed.  The girls wanted to play Clue, so we did and I got lucky and won, so I let them play a little bit of Maple Story before bed.

I got this fun picture of my mom with all 3 dogs on her lap clamoring for attention.


And I got this neat picture of Eileen's little friend.  She found it in the back yard and since she seems to have a way with bugs and animals of all kinds, she walked around with it for a while.  I thought it was pretty cook and snapped a quick picture.


Today was wonderful, but exhausting!!!  We walked to church since the weather was so nice, then we got to listen to a couple amazing talks and a beautiful musical number.  We have 2 more sisters leaving on missions from our ward and one is going to San Jose and the other to Japan.  After I taught a lesson on Parables and then we had a great Relief Society lesson on trusting in God to make it all work out in his time and his way.  Then I stayed for as much of choir practice as I could before heading home and playing games with the kids the whole way.  I got home, the kids got dinner started (they love cooking Sunday dinners) and it got done just in time for me to have to leave with only a couple bites.  I headed over to the Temple Workers Devotional.  The talks were wonderful including some great reminders about how important it is to make time to serve other, and to make the Lord and his work a priority in our lives.  And the singing mostly went well!  After I headed home - finally ate a meal and now despite the awful and messy condition of my house, I need to sleep....

No comments: