Tuesday morning, we picked up Adeline and headed to James' preschool field trip. We hiked around a nature preserve area nearby and looked at the wildlife and had fun together exploring. James didn't want me to take his picture (for like the first time EVER) We found a cute fuzzy caterpillar and had a fun time exploring. The weather was perfect for it - sunny and nice but not hot. This was one of the better pictures I got of him....
We had the Hansen's over for dinner. It's sad that they are moving - it's been a lot of fun getting to know them this past year. We had Chicken Tiki Masala and had a fun time chatting. After, I went to institute. I love studying the scriptures and I've especially been enjoying reading about the Savior's life and ministry.
Wednesday bright and early, Evie and Anna had doctor's appointments before late start day at school. All went well - they are healthy. James and I mostly hung out and took it easy. In the evening, I had a chorale concert so I had to leave a little earlier than usual. The kids had cub scouts and activity days. The chorale was singing at a religious freedom symposium. It was really neat - but kinda scary.
Thursday James had preschool again. Adeline was over again. We mostly just played and had fun until we picked the kids up from school. In the evening, we had the kids talent show at school. Not only were Eileen and Anna in it, but also a bunch of my swimmers and some friends from church. Eileen and Anna were both very nervous - but did well anyway. The only downside was that Eileen was near the end and it was rather long.... :)
Friday morning, we took the kids to school then Aunt Tina came to take James for the day so Dan and I could celebrate my birthday together. We headed out and got breakfast, then reached Royal Gorge in time for our skydiving appointment! We got strapped up met our tandem jump instructors and then climbed in a small plane. We went up and jumped out. My instructor kept asking me if I was scared and believe it or not, I wasn't - excited yet - amazed at the view - yes - scared - only for a second as I climbed out of the plane and thought - wow I'm actually doing this :) It was totally incredible!!!!! I don't really have a "bucket list" but this is something I've always wanted to do - and now I can say that I've done it!
After, Dan and I stopped for some chicken feed - made a quick Costco run and then headed to Kneader's for lunch. Then we headed home and chatted with Tina for a bit. Then I went and got Anna from Robotics club before getting the kids dinner and sending them to bed. Eileen got to stay up as the youth came over to watch the Princess Bride on the big screen outside. It was a fun night - then Dan and I collapsed for a bit exhausted after a long exciting day before heading to bed
Saturday was the beginning of General Conference. Dan got to watch the first session with us before heading off on a business trip. Between sessions, we headed to the swim team end of season party. We all had a fun time eating and playing and such, then we handed out awards and cute little trophies before heading back home for the next session of Conference. After a dinner of leftovers, the younger kids went to bed while Eileen and Anna and I played Clue - Eileen won. She was so excited - and sent daddy a lot of texts about it. Then I let each of the girls have a little turn on my computer playing Maple Story.
No comments:
Post a Comment