Monday morning, bright and early, I dropped the kids off at school, then James and I went to go pick up Grandpa from the airport. We brought him back to get settled and to make a menu and grocery list for the week then headed to the grocery store. After we got things put away, then I went to pick the kids up from school. The kids got their homework and piano and instuments done and the kids (and grandpa) went to bed while I finished laundry and folding.
Tuesday morning James had another preschool field trip. The teacher for this week had her baby early so we were looking for things to do so we didn't have to cancel - so we had the field trip on Tuesday and a sub on Thursday. We went to the Garden Center Fall Festival. James had a great time watching the talking pumpkin and climbing on everything and playing with his friends.
After we headed home for lunch and then getting the kids from school. In the evening, I took Eileen with me to the Relief Society Activity - we were doing crochet and embroidery and knitting, so Eileen came to help out and have fun with us. I taught some embroidery - and we had a great time! Then I dropped Eileen off at home and headed back for Institute. Class was wonderful! (As always)
Wednesday was late start for the kids - I took Anna to an early orthodontist appointment then got back just in time to have prayers with the kids and take them to school. We had a relaxed morning at home. After picking the kids up from school, they did all their homework and piano and such. Evie had a book report due this week and presented on Wednesday and did a GREAT job!! Grandpa made smoothies in the afternoon and got the kids a bit filled up so they had a late dinner. I headed to choir and Grandpa watched the kids. He left Eileen in charge and walked Aaron to the church building, but then realizing he had forgotten his phone, he tried to walk back to the house to get it.... and got lost. He finally got Aaron home near 9 and finally got him to bed (after a really late dinner and such) around 9:30. Eileen had been rather worried since he was late and all in all - it was a bit of a stressful night.
Thursday was preschool again for James - he had a great time (he always does) and then we had an easy afternoon. I went and got my allergy shot while he was at preschool and then headed home for a little bit. After school, the kids got their stuff done, Grandpa made more smoothies and we got dinner ready so we could eat and head over to Skate City for a fun night of Roller Skating. The kids all had a great time - at least until the end when Eileen had a blister and Anna bonked her head. I had a fun time with the kids too and Grandpa had a fun time watching.
Friday the kids had no school, we had talked about maybe going somewhere, but Eileen's feet hurt and the kids were tired, so instead we just relaxed at home. Anna and Grandpa walked to the grocery store for some more fruit for more smoothies. Then we had those smoothies in the afternoon before taking Grandpa to the airport. We had a bit of an emergency because Grandpa forgot his Laptop and I had to get it and run it back to him at the airport, but we made it and he made his flight and got home just fine.
Saturday morning, Eileen had flute lessons, then the kids had piano lessons, then Daddy got home ( YEY!!!) and then Anna and I ran to Walmart for a birthday present to take to a party she was going to. Then I dropped her off at the party, dropped off a Lasagne for some friends and headed back to Walmart to pick up my perscription (pharmacy had been closed before for lunch...) then home. I went to take a little nap and got up 3 hours later.
Sunday was wonderful. We headed to church and had a great fast and testimony meeting followed by my lesson in Sunday School and then a great lesson in Relief Society. After church, we headed home and had a yummy early dinner followed by lots of fun and games, well Evie and James wanted to play Denver-opoly - like Monopoly - so more games than fun on that side, but otherwise, lots of fun and games. The best part about the Denver-opoly is seeing all our fun favorite places to go on there and trying to buy them - but otherwise - it's just like Monopoly.... Then we got the littles to bed and played one more game with Eileen and Anna.
Next week is fall break so the kids are looking forward to lots of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment