Sunday, August 28, 2016

Crazy Week

This week has been a bit busy.  :)

Monday we got a bit of respite since Swim practice had to be cancelled because the head coach couldn't be there and I wasn't official yet.  So we spent the afternoon getting piano lessons done and laundry and such.  I stopped at the grocery store with James to get some stuff for dinner.  The sister Missionaries came over for dinner and gave a great lesson about the temple and family history.

Tuesday was school for the big kids, except Eileen who wasn't feeling good.  She was throwing up all morning, but with some help from a priesthood blessin and pepto bismal, she started feeling better after lunch and still came to swim practice with me, but she didn't swim.
After she was feeling good enough to go to Skate City, so for once, we all got to go!  We all had a lot of fun skating and being together.



Wednesday was the big day.  I spent most of the morning getting things ready for the meet.  I had to figure out who would be swimming what and then get everything submitted for the meet.  I also made a quick stop at goodwill for their $1.00 jeans sale.  After school, we all got ready for the meet - but because of busing issues, it started late which meant that I was running late for choir.  Dan took the younger kids home to get them fed and then came back for Eileen's last 2 events.  Then I rushed to choir and Dan rushed to young men's.

Thursday was school for the kids, James and I ran some errands - I had to do some things to get myself as the official assistant coach.  I got in the pool with the girls and we worked on some more stroke stuff and did some more work on diving off the blocks.  Then we had one night off from anything but the normal piano practicing and homework and stuff.

Friday morning, Adeline came to play for the day.  I had to run some errands, I had to get my paperwork turned in and finger prints taken and a badge made and I was official!  Then I headed down to pick up our peaches for canning.  After school, we had the dry land work out for swimming and Anna got to do her robotics club.  In the evening, we played some games together with Eileen and Anna then called it a day!

Satrday morning started bright and early, I got up and headed for a chorale concert at the Ralston House .5K run.  I was there all morning, while Dan took the kids to flute lessons and piano lessons and worked out getting the young men to help set up chairs for stake conference.  After I got back, we grabbed a quick lunch, then headed to Ft. Collins to get to walk through the new temple!  I think the kids really liked getting to walk through the temple (except the itchy shoe covers.)  It was a beautiful day and a beautiful building.  Then Dan and I got a quick dinner for the kids, then I went over to the church to practice for stake conference musical number, then Dan and I enjoyed the adult session of stake conference before heading to the grocery store together to grab a few things to get us through the weekend.


Sunday morning, Dan headed to the priesthood leadership meeting, then the kids and I met him there so I could sing with the choir and then we got to enjoy another wonderful session of stake conference.  After the Bishops came over to eat and play games with us.  We had a great time playing and chatting and watching the kids be silly!  After putting the kids to bed, Dan and I played Dominion again and now, I'm about exhausted and ready for bed!!  

No comments: