Sunday, August 7, 2016

Home again - for real this time....

Monday morning, Grandpa and Frankie headed back to Denver area.  :(  The kids and I had fun walking around and playing and hiking and such.  In the afternoon the kids and i headed down to South Park City for the afternoon.  Julia wasn't feeling great so she and Doug didn't join us, but we had a great time.  The weather was great, not too hot and not too rainy.  After we got a candy stick and a souvenir and then headed back to the cabin.  Then in the evening we finished Fiddler on the Roof.  It's been so fun watching these great musicals with the kids!  



Tuesday Doug and Julia headed back to Denver area.  The kids and I stayed for one more night.  We spent our last evening hiking up around the mine and looking for cool rocks.  The kids also spent a lot of time down at outside the Wallace's Cabin with Jill and Katherine.  They had lots of fun sanding pieces of wood.  :)  


Wednesday we headed back to Denver after cleaning up the cabin.  We stopped for a quick lunch on the side of the road and got back to town in time to unpack, and get some piano practicing done and get things in order for me to leave for choir practice.  Final practice before the concerts!  We also found eggs when we got home.  Our chickens have finally started laying!!!  

Thursday morning, we had piano lessons, followed by going to the park to meet with friends and talk about a preschool group for James again.  Then we headed home in time for me to go to sing at the Rockies game with the Chorale.  I took the rail there - with the new stations nearby it's a fairly quick and cheap way to get there.  Plus it was kinda fun!  I got back in time for the littles to be in bed and to still have some fun with Eileen and Anna.  

Friday morning, Eileen had her middle school orientation in the morning, then Anna had an orthodontist appointment and then I picked up Eileen.  Then I dropped the kids off and left Eileen in charge so I could get some grocery shopping done.  We were in pretty desperate need of some basics. I got back and tried to get everything ready to go do my girls night out with Becky.  I left with her around 4 and left Eileen in charge again - just until Dan got home.  Becky and I headed to the hotel and checked in for a fun night of digital scrapbooking!  

Saturday morning while I was still with Becky, the kids and Dan went on the primary temple trip to the Denver Temple.  They all had a great time - I can't believe I have 5 kids in nursery!  When they got home we got some clean up done around the house, then I took Eileen, Anna and Aaron to my concert.  It went well and the kids had fun and made a new friend.  After, we went to Chili's for some dinner and dessert.  When we got home and Dan asked them how it was, they said it was GREAT!  - They got a different dessert and it was yummy - yep all they talked about was the dessert....  



Today was fast and testimony meeting.  It was a great day!  Listening to testimonies made me so grateful for my own testimony.  I had a great time up at the cabin chatting with Doug and Julia and getting their perspective on things - but doing so makes me so grateful for my own faith and knowledge about the Lord's plan for us!  It brings such peace and hope to my life!  After church, we had some friends over to eat and play games.  We chatted with Dan's parents for a bit then put all the kids to bed but Anna.  Eileen starts school tomorrow, so she didn't get an hour up, Anna doesn't start until Wednesday, so she did.  Anna played Suburbia with us!

As much as I have enjoyed the summer, and an much as I'm going to miss all the time to do fun stuff - I'm exhausted from all this travelling and ready for a bit of a schedule and a bit more sleep!!

No comments: