Sunday, September 4, 2016

Ugh

This has been a rather long stressful week.  Monday was the usual school day with laundry, piano practicing, grocery shopping, laundry, swim practice.  All that fun good stuff.  In the evening, we had Christina and her boys over for dinner (French Dip Sandwiches) and then we got to work canning peaches.  We worked until she had to leave, then we put the younger kids to bed and Eileen and Anna helped us get them finished.  We finished 3 boxes of peaches!

Tuesday, James had his first day of preschool.  (I was a bad momma and forgot to take a picture)  But he loved preschool and had a great time!  After school, we had swim practice and I thought we would take a fun day and play swimming games in the pool.  I got in with them and we worked hard and swam hard and had a lot of fun.  At least that's what the swimmers and I thought.  The parents all decided that because of that - I was a lousy coach who didn't care about the team....

Because of that lovely Tuesday incident (and some other circumstances), Ms. Moore (the head coach) and I got bombarded with critical emails complaining about how the team is being run.  These emails were not first sent to us - but to Mr Powell who is Dean at the school.  We have now spent the better part of the week listening to parents who have no experience coaching any type of team, let alone a swim team, telling us all the things that we are doing wrong and how we need to fix things.  I can't help but wonder if these parents have even considered that their behavior might be bullying and rude....  After a optional dry land practice, I took the kids home - ran Jen to Walgreens to pick up some medications and then got a ride from Dave to choir.  Unfortunately by this point in the day, I was so stressed out that I hadn't been able to eat all day and so tight that I could hardly sing.

Thursday wasn't much better.  I took James to preschool, then Adeline came to play and we played out side and she watched me get a crock pot dinner going before picking up James from preschool.  At swim practice we were again told repeatedly how we were doing things different from last year - therefore we must be doing them wrong.  We ran trials and times for the Saturday meet and headed home still upset with me still mostly unable to stomach eating anything...

Friday we had Adeline coming over to play again.  She and James had a blast together.  Dan took the day off and got the oil changed in the car.  I took Jen's daughter to the laundromat to dry clothes (James and Adeline loved putting in the quarters and pushing the buttons and especially watching the beginning of Emperor's New Groove.  After school I got the stuff ready for the spaghetti dinner swim party that night.  We picked Anna up from Robotics Club and then headed over.  I was a bit worried about having to be there with some of these pushy parents, but apparently they are only willing to bash me in emails to my boss - not to my face.  So the evening was pleasant and I just spent my time talking to the girls and talking to the nice parents.

Saturday morning, bright and early Eileen had her second swim meet.  She did really well!  She is really enjoying swimming breast stroke and is getting pretty good at it!  After the meet, The kids had quick piano lessons and then we headed to to Logan and Ashley's house for their daughter's baptism.  I got to play the piano for it and it was so good to get to see them again!  After, we headed to their house for lunch and chat and fun with cousins for most of the afternoon.  After we got home, we did a quick clean up of the house followed by putting the kids to bed.

Church today was wonderful but a little crazy.  My head hasn't really felt screwed on straight for most of the week.  I was asked to sub in primary, so after Sacrament and teaching my usual Sunday School class, I also taught a primary class of 4 and 5 year olds.  In other words - I taught the only Jr Sunday school class that I didn't have kids in.  :)  But it was fun!  After Paul and Candace and family came down from Logan's house for dinner and play time in the evening.  Dan had to ditch us for a bit to go to the youth fireside, but it was so fun to see them and get to hang out with them!  Now I just need to get some sleep!!

No comments: