School is back in full swing. Eileen started swim practice on Monday. I went to take her and talk to the head coach and found that she had never coached a swim team before and didn't have any parent helpers with experience either. So I am helping coach the swim team. The other kids are mostly playing in the seats and I'm trying to help them learn how to swim. We already have our first meet next week. So we spent this week working on strokes and turns and starts. I also found out that they have a club water polo team for all ages that plays at the same pool and I'm hoping to get info on that!
Dan's been sweet and has been finding the US water polo olympic matches for me to watch this week - it's been so fun watching - and the US women's team is VERY good!!
So every day this week after school, we have had swim practice. James and I have been keeping busy at home then we go, go, go after school until evening.
Wednesday after dropping the kids off for late start, I asked James if he wanted to go to the library and he said he wanted to go to the park instead. We let a few friends know we would be there and we got to have one friend meet us there with her kids. The kids had a fun time playing, and we had a great time chatting and having fun. The evening was the usual insane schedule for Wednesday, Choir, Cub Scouts, Activity Days, and Young Men's
Thursday morning, I met with the other mom's in our preschool group this year. We got the schedule and stuff figured out and James is super excited about getting to do preschool again this year. Then we had our now normal crazy afternoon. Piano lessons are now moved to Saturday morning - so no piano lessons on Thursday.
Friday, was a dry land practice for the swim team. Eileen wasn't crazy about it since she hates running, but at least we got done a little earlier than usual, so we could go home and do some clean up before our friends came over! The Nelson's came over for dinner and games and brought a fun game we hadn't played before called Sansoussi. The kids had fun playing with their little girl and the grown ups had fun playing our game. :)
Saturday morning, the kids had piano lessons, then we headed over to Dwayne and Nicole's house for Tayanna's early birthday party. It was so fun to see them and hang out with them again - with all our summer travel, it had been too long! Then we headed home, Dan went to Natasha's to give her a blessing, then came home to help get ready for more friends! The Wells' came over for dinner and fun. They have 4 daughters, the kids all had fun playing with them and I had fun holding the baby! We had a pizza party and the kids watched Zootopia while the adults played games again. Then for the girls hour up, after our guests left, we played our new Dominion expansion (it was Dan and I's anniversary present and just arrived that day!)
Sunday started out mostly normal. Evie's tummy wasn't feeling good (I'm afraid they ate a bit too much junk...) So we drove to church and when we got there, Evie snuggled up in my lap and stayed there for all of sacrament meeting. The talks given were wonderful and there was a beautiful musical number. I had the overwhelming feeling that sitting there being uplifted by wonderful talks and wonderful music while I snuggled with my kids and my husband was the absolute best place in the world to be!! After church, we had our early dinner, then Eileen and I went to Stake Choir while Dan babysat the Bishop's kids. After, Eileen and Anna and I got started on making some barbie clothes, just for fun! Then after scriptures, Dan played games with the kids while I went to the Bishop's house to practice for a musical number for the Saturday Night session of Stake Conference. It was so fun singing with that great group of singers, we were all enjoying it so much that after we were done rehearsing, we kept singing for a bit just for fun!
Our poor puppy isn't feeling too well - his tummy seems to be bothering him a bit and it's led to a couple emergency baths and more clean up than we would like, so hopefully he feels better soon!
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment