The week started out normal enough. James' friend came over to play on Monday and Tuesday, The older kids had school and homework and Dan had work and I had all my normal stuff plus Choir on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. Then came Wednesday. The kids were off school, Dan was off work! The kids had piano lessons in the morning, Anna had trumpet in the afternoon and Dan and I cooked. Thursday, Dan cooked some more (rolls...mmmmm) and we spent most of the day cleaning up the house and playing together. In the evening, we headed out in the snow to go to Stuart and Rebecca's for Thanksgiving dinner and had a great time with all the family! The food was wonderful and of course the company was even better.
Friday was a great day. We mostly stayed home to avoid the Black Friday junk, but we went out to get our Christmas Tree and tried doing the dollar store with the kids so they could pick out presents for each other. The older four were awesome, but James just did not get the idea of getting stuff for other people and not for himself, so he and I sat in the car and he threw a tantrum while the others shopped. We got home and the kids had fun wrapping their presents to each other. James managed to hold off on touching them for almost a whole day - so now our tree is empty underneath again and the presents are re-wrapped and hidden until Christmas.
Saturday we spent hanging out around the house. I spent some time cleaning up my craft room and getting it ready for guests, and finishing some projects and helping Eileen with her projects. She is making cute little stuffed animals for each of her siblings for Christmas.
While in my craft room, I found this cute note from Anna - she's such a SWEETIE! I just hope she thinks this way in another 5 years :)
Sunday was wonderful, Church was mostly great - I wore my cloak, so James curled up inside it for most of Sacrament Meeting. Dan gave a wonderful talk and we had some great lessons. After church, Dan got home and Eileen, Anna and I headed for choir. After choir we got back and Dan taught the kids a new game. He taught them MASH. When he asked Eileen to name 3 boys - Eileen struggled, and when he told her to name a boy she liked - she got all bashful and shy and adamant that there were NONE! The kids all got a kick out of it all :) We had a fun evening playing games and talking to Grandma and Grandpa Jones, then put the kids to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment