It's been an insanely busy week!! Monday was laundry day as usual, then Nicole and I took the kiddos to the library near her house for a Halloween Story time. Inside the library, they had a cool cockpit and pilot outfit that the kids could play with. They had a blast! After, James and I made a quick grocery stop to get the pumpkins to carve that night.
For FHE that night, the kids carved their pumpkins. They were so funny to watch. The older kids wanted to do it all themselves and the younger ones had fun squealing over the gooey insides. They all loved it though and we had a great evening!
Tuesday was James' field trip to the pumpkin patch at Nick's Garden Center. James had a blast exploring and playing with his friends. The only down side was all the fun things to do that cost money. James spent a lot of the time there asking to go on the bouncy houses and train rides. I spent a lot of time telling him that he couldn't go on them because they cost money. Eventually he got over it and had a good time though. He especially loved a big talking pumpkin that told jokes.
Anna hadn't been feeling good after school again on Monday, so on Tuesday, we kept her home - which turned out to be a good thing since she slept all morning. Dan stayed with her and worked from home so I could go with James. After school, Eileen had choir and Anna was feeling better so she still went to Trumpet. That evening, we had the Elder's over for dinner. They are both brand new to the area, and both seem really eager to get to work - it's great!
Wednesday was late start day for the kids. I had been going to help out a friend with getting kids to appointments that morning, but, she ended up not needing my help, so James and I ran some errands - we made a necessary trip to Costco and returned some library books. We had piano lessons this week moved to Wednesday, so the kids were busy with piano lessons after school. In the evening was choir practice for me. After choir, I took Nicole home, then I went to the church to play Volleyball with some friends from church. I had a ton of fun and LOVED it - but was exhausted and sore by the time I got home around 11:30!
If i had been sore on Wednesday night, it was nothing compared to Thursday - running on not enough sleep and too much soreness - I took James to preschool, then went home and took a nap. :) After school, the kids did piano and homework while I frosted cookies to take to my visiting teaching Sisters and their families. In the evening, I went to the institute class - I've really been loving getting to immerse myself in scriptures like this!
Friday, the kids were allowed to dress up in costumes for school. They got dressed up and had a blast at school! I spent the morning cooking chili and getting my allergy shot done. Then we spent the afternoon getting ready for the Trunk or Treat at the church that night. The trunk or treat and chili cook off was awesome - we had a ton of visitors, a ton of yummy food and lots of fun! The kids loaded up on junk food and candy - but at least most of them got some decent food first... Evie however didn't eat hardly anything healthy and ended up throwing up during the night from too much junk and not enough healthy food.
Halloween was busy - in the morning, we spent most of the morning cleaning up, then Eileen had flute lessons, and I went to Heather's house to help her clean up. The sister missionaries came to help out too and we had it all done within and hour and a half. Then i got back home and cleaned some more, ate a yummy lunch that Dan made for me, then I headed out again to take Halloween cookies to my sisters. I stopped and visited with a couple, then stopped at the grocery store. I got home and made up a ton of frozen burritos to get them ready for Eileen's birthday dinner on Monday. We had a quick dinner, then we took the kids out trick-or-treating. we just went around our little block - considering how much candy the kids had gotten on Friday night, we figured that was plenty. :)
Today was wonderful! We were there a bit late because Heather had overslept courtesy of Daylight Savings changes - but it was all good - we still got to see the baby blessing and take the Sacrament. Lessons were wonderful. After church, we played games, did crafts and had fun together. We had a yummy dinner and then we called Grandpa Cox and Grandma and Grandpa Jones. We are starting to think about and try and prepare for Aaron's baptism in January!
No comments:
Post a Comment