Sunday, December 6, 2015

Christmas Crazies Begin!

So we got our tree last week, but I didn't post the pictures, so here's a picture of us with our tree outside Home Depot.  


Monday evening for Family Home Evening, we decorated the tree.  The kids loved putting their ornaments on and looking at all their ornaments.  They are really getting excited for Christmas!  


Tuesday was the usual.  We had preschool at our house, but we only had two other kids come - so we had fun and took it easy and the kids had fun.  After school was choir for the girls as usual, but Anna's trumpet lessons have been moved so at least we didn't have that too.  :)

Wednesday James and I went to the library with Nicole and Tayanna, then after, they came to our house for lunch and Dwayne and Dan met us there.  We had fun and ate good food and James (as always) was sad to see his friends go.  He is such a social little boy!  In the evening, I had choir - last rehearsal before concerts start!

Thursday James had preschool again so he had a friend over - just one - but they had a lot of fun together.  In the afternoon was piano lessons as usual.  The kids love piano lessons, both because they love the lessons and the teacher, and also because they love having the piano teacher's daughter come over and play with them  :)  In the evening, I had Institute - the lesson was wonderful!

Friday I spent most of the day listening to James be mad at me because he didn't have any friends coming over....  Once we picked the kids up from school he was ok again.  :)  We went to get my allergy shot - and he had fun flirting with the ladies there, but once we got home... "mommy are we going to pick up Payton, or Tayanna or Lauren?"  "Well who are we going to get???"  In the evening, I had a girls camp meeting.  It was fun and I'm starting to get excited about next year!

Saturday was full of crazyness.  Eileen had flute lessons, I had a Relief Society activity (cookie exchange - yum!) Evie and Aaron had a birthday party and Anna had trumpet lessons.  Somehow Dan and I managed to get everyone where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there.  Dan also got some shopping done, I got some cookie dough made and then in the evening, I took Eileen, and we went to my first Christmas concert of the season!  The concert went well and then after, Eileen and I got dinner and dessert together.

Sunday was wonderful and crazy.  Church was amazing!  I got to see a friend there who is usually unable to come, but she came to day and it was wonderful to see her there!  The testimonies born today were wonderful and the lessons were amazing! After church I was beat (two wiggle kids battling for lap space can be exhausting, even if I do enjoy the snuggles)  but I made lots and lots of cookies and cleaned up the kitchen.  Around 3, Newell and Becky and family and Natasha came over to decorate cookies with us!  It's always a fun group to get together.  Then after decorating, Dan made dinner and the missionaries came over for dinner.  We had a great dinner followed by the Christmas Devotional which was wonderful.  Finally the kids went to bed - Dan and I cleaned up the chaos that was the kitchen, we finished frosting the cookies and now he's out cold and I'm ready to head to bed too!

James was so funny to watch decorate - he was so meticulous about how he decorated his cookies.  Evie's were of course laden with sprinkles of all kinds.  Aaron was careful and so cute!  Anna had a lot of fun being artistic with hers and made some beautiful cookies.  Eileen and Zoe were having tons of fun together and it was fun to watch them have fun together.



No comments: