This week was fun! We started out mostly normal, Monday we had James' friend Payton over to play and as always they had a great time together. Monday was also the usual laundry and shopping trips. I did my shopping during the day with James though because we needed a couple things with dinner. The sister missionaries came over for dinner. They tried to give us a wonderful FHE lesson, but Anna was so helpful and so good at answering questions, that she gave most of the lesson for them :)
Tuesday was Preschool for James then Payton coming over to play after.
Wednesday I was watching a friends son and we took him with us while we tried to go to the library as usual, but they were closed for Veteran's Day, so we went and played in the mall play area instead. The kids had lots of fun and then we headed home for lunch. In the evening, I had choir, we are meeting at a new building now, so it all felt different - but it was wonderful as always. After, I headed to the Stake Center to play volleyball then got home and collapsed into bed! And once again, I was sore the next day!
Thursday, James had preschool again and I started on making Christmas Presents! After school was piano lessons, then we started getting the kids packed and ready to go to aunt Tina's, and in the evening I went to the Institute class.
Friday was a day of getting ready. Dan took the day off work, so we spent the morning getting ourselves packed and ready for our trip, then Tina arrived and dropped us off at the airport. We arrived that evening in Portland and had a great dinner with Gene and Ann at Outback, then to our hotel for the night.
Saturday morning, Dan and I got picked up by Gene and Ann, then went to the temple, we had a quick lunch with Paul and then met with the rest of the family before the sealing. It was so neat to be back at the Portland temple. We haven't had the chance to be back since we were married there. It was so amazing to look around and remember and to think about how much life has passed since we were there last and to think just how amazingly blessed we are. The sealing was wonderful! After we all hung out together to celebrate then in the evening, Dan and I went with Paul to stay at John and Melissa's house. It was lots of fun seeing their new house, and even more fun was getting to see Sara! Dan and I really haven't gotten to see her since college, so it's been a long time since we've seen her and we got to spend the evening hanging out and playing games together
Sunday morning we went to church with John and Melissa (well with Melissa - John had to be there early for meetings) Church was wonderful, it was kinda nice to get to sit with Dan and to not have kids climbing on me! Then Paul, Dan and I headed to the airport. We finally got home safe and sound and tired.... so off to bed for me - I've been fighting a cold all weekend - and sleep is what my poor tired body needs. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment