Sunday, October 25, 2015

Friends and Fun

Monday, Dan had to re-dig up a huge hole in our front yard.  A pipe was leaking and constantly running water into the ground.  Dan dug a huge hole and our friend Nate came over to help him with fixing the pipe (and to help him get out of the hole which was nearly 6 feet deep.)  Nate's wonderful wife and daughter came over also and brought dinner with them, so while the men worked, we made hamburgers and salad and had brownies for dessert!  The guys finally got it all done, but put off filling in the hole until the next day.  


We found this cute note in our mail box.  Evie had wanted to send a note to her friend, but hadn't realized the need for an envelope, stamp and address.  I took pictures and sent them to her friend's mom so that she would get her little letter!  


Tuesday was wet and rainy, so after picking everyone up from school and choir, we took Anna to trumpet, but just hung out in the car since we couldn't really play at the park.  

Wednesday, James and I went to the library with Tayanna and Nicole.  We had a great time - though I think James' favorite part was getting to use the umbrella with me.  After school, James was a bit tired, so he found his blanket and curled up in the girls dirty clothes hamper for a nap.  He was so cute and sweet and sleepy!  


Thursday was school as usual for the kids and piano lessons after.  In the evening, I went to the institute class.  I really love learning more about the scriptures and having a chance to really study them and learn from them.

Friday was nice and quiet (relatively) and we enjoyed a relaxing evening together.

Saturday morning, I picked up Heather and we went to the Stake Women's Conference.  It was wonderful!  After, we went to a friend's baptism, then we had a fun pizza-ball dinner before I headed out to my choir concert - the concert went well and was lots of fun!

Saturday night and Sunday morning, Anna was throwing up :(  I needed to be at the church to help with the choir, So we brought Anna with us and she sat in the foyer with Heather, then Dan took Heather and Anna to our house where they fell asleep and took a nice nap while the rest of us were at church.  After church, we all came home, ate lunch and spent some time crocheting together - James wanted me to teach him too.  Then the kids were tasked with finishing the clean-up job that they had been putting off all week....


No comments: