Sunday, March 1, 2015

Lost and Found: A story of my driveway....

So Dan left town for Orlando last Saturday.  While he was gone we got the most snow in a one week period since we have lived here.  I don't think it totaled more than a foot and half - but we had days in between with some of it melting off.  Though we have a 3 foot high area in front of our house which is in the area that gets piled up during shoveling and is in the shade so it doesn't melt.  The snowing set in again in earnest on Wednesday afternoon and snowed until Friday morning.  I don't mind shoveling snow, but I do mind having to get up and 6:15 in the morning for 2 days in a row to clear a driveway so I can take the kids to snow - partially because I'm losing sleep and partially because there's no sun and it's COLD!  When Dan is out of town, I go into survival mode - which means I just try and not fail too epic-ly.  I was really stressed out about Thursday night - we were supposed to have piano lessons after school, Eileen and Anna's choir concert, AND Activity Days.  I was worried about how to get it all done and how timing would work.  I've never been more grateful for snow.  It snowed all afternoon and everything got cancelled!!!  Instead we spent a quiet night at home snuggling up together!  Stuff got rescheduled - and I didn't have to stress about it.  The Activity Day's activity got rescheduled for Friday night - they were going to see a bunch of the youth from our ward in "Seussical the Musical" I went and watched too.  It was a lot of fun and really well done.

Dan came home safe and sound on Friday afternoon.  It's so good to have him back, and this should be the last trip of anything longer than a couple days.  He's much more needed in the office than on the road, and we all prefer having him home!

The kids have been having fun playing in the snow and getting cold and dirty.  James needs constant reminders that it's not summer and he needs a coat and shoes.

Evie came home from school one day and promptly went to sleep - I checked on her and she was running a fever.  She was still with fever the next morning, so I kept her home from school - and instead took her on all the errands that I needed to run.  We needed bread for lunches and I needed to go do my allergy shot.  Fortunately, there didn't seem to be anything else wrong with her - she wanted to sleep more - but didn't seem sick otherwise.

Church was great today!  Dan conducted in Sacrament meeting for his first time.  He did great - no mistakes and no sticking his foot in his mouth.  Sacrament was wonderful - would have been better if I got to hear all of it - but that doesn't happen much with 5 young kids. :)  I got to go to Sunday School and Relief Society today, it was really nice!  The lessons were wonderful!  After church, the kids had lunch - James took a nap.  Eileen and I went to Stake Choir and then we had dinner and put the kids to bed.  Eileen stayed up with Dan and I to play 7 Wonders - Eileen and I both lost BADLY to Dan.  Then we called Dan's brother Steve to chat for a bit.  Steve and Claire are going to be moving out to Laramie and we are so excited to have them only a couple hours away!

No comments: