Sunday, March 8, 2015

Family Fun

I have a fun and spunky 5 year old girl.  As part of her homework, she needs to write in this book a couple times a week.  In trying to figure out what to write about, she decided to do a "Who Am I" and proceeded to do this drawing.  *Note - this is after I made her edit it.*  She came up to me asking what the bumpy part on the front.  I was trying to figure out what she was talking about - when I did, we had a talk about how that isn't an appropriate thing to write about and we came up with a different thing to write about.  Not sure what that says about mermaids when my daughter thinks their most distinguishing characteristics are a tail, bellybutton and seashell bra.....


Tuesday, Eileen and Anna had their concert.  Eileen had her 4th Grade concert (where she even got to play a recorder)  and both girls had their school choir concert.  It was a lot of fun and the girls did great - now i just need to get Eileen to look at her teacher/director instead of playing with her recorder, talking to friends and goofing off....


Wednesday I had my rehearsal with the chorale - we are getting close to the concerts, so we had a full rehearsal with the orchestra.  It's getting exciting and really awesome!

Thursday and Friday were nuts - Thursday included me getting an allergy shot, making a quick stop at the yarn shop near by, then picking up my friend Debbie to take her across town to a doctor's appointment, then picking the kids up from school, piano lessons and homework and such.  Friday started early with a doctors appointment for me (with lots of help from James) just a follow up to check if some meds I'm on are working.  Then I went to pick up some medical supplies for a friend and dropped them off at her house, followed by getting home in time to have James' little friend Addie come over for the afternoon.  Then we picked the kids up from school - got all the homework and piano and reading done, then we dropped off dinner for the sister missionaries before heading over to have dinner and play games with a friend of Dan's from work and his fun family.  We all had a great time - but we kept the kids up rather late.

Saturday was mostly doing some clean-up around the house and car and playing outside.  Weather has been gorgeous here - outside is a great place to be right now - as long as you avoid the massive amounts of mud courtesy of the melting snow piles.  

Sunday was wonderful - church was wonderful - James was mostly cooperative today.  After church was choir, then home for lunch with the kids and play time before Dan got home - then Eileen and I headed out to Stake Choir and Dan watched the kids of some friends of ours so they could come too.  Then we all went back to our house for a fun and yummy Sunday dinner.  Their boys all thought the muffins we had with dinner were cupcakes - I think they liked having "cupcakes" for dinner :)

No comments: