Sunday, March 22, 2015

Music.....

This week has been totally nuts.  The Colorado Mormon Chorale's Easter Concerts were this week.  So after the usual craziness of a day of laundry, grocery shopping and kids, I took off in the evening for our dress rehearsal and got home in time to go to bed.

Tuesday was once again the usual kids, school, and fun - followed by the Chorale's first concert.  We performed at Denver University's Newman Center.  The performance went well and everyone said it was amazing!  Evie and Aaron also had their class concerts that night.  Dan took the kids to the concerts and tried to record them - but since he hadn't slept at all the night before, he might have dozed off a bit....

Wednesday we had the kids piano lessons after school along with our usual late start, library for story time and then watching a friends kids for a couple hours.  James LOVES having friends over to play!  Then in the evening was another concert for me.

Thursday was our "day off" So Eileen conned me into driving her all the way up to boulder so that she could meet Brandon Mull and get her favorite Fablehaven book signed.  We had a really fun time and I didn't even keep the girls up too late.  He was going to be in Denver on Friday, but I had another concert on Friday, so that wasn't going to work....


Friday, I took the girls to our final performance of "Lamb of God" the girls really enjoyed the concert - Eileen loves watching the flutes and they love having some special out with mommy time.  These concerts have been amazing and wonderful to be a part of.  They have also been amazingly well attended - they estimated over 1000 people at our Friday night concert - and we probably could have done one more night and packed it too.  After the concert, I took the kids for dinner and dessert at Chili's.


Saturday, Dan had Boy Scout training in the morning - he got home just in time for me to be able to take Eileen to flute lessons with out all the other kids in tow.  Then we spent the afternoon cleaning up before I had to leave for yet another CMC event.  We provided some entertainment for a charity event/auction.  It was just a small group of us since the venue wasn't that big, but it was a really nice event and they provided a yummy dinner.  

Today was nice - Church was wonderful - weather was beautiful so we walked to and from church.  I sang a musical number and helped out in primary again.  It's been amazing how much better behaved my kids have been for me - I can't help but think that it's a blessing from the Lord to help us survive Dan's new calling.  After church, Eileen wanted me to text her friend Morgan's mom to see if she could sleep over sometime during spring break.  So she came over this evening and the kids had tons of fun running around yelling and playing until we banished the younger ones to bed and played a game of Settlers of Catan with Eileen and Morgan.  Now I just gotta make it though next week....

No comments: