Sunday, February 22, 2015

Rough Week

It's been a really hard week - but since I'm not at liberty to talk about some of it right now, it will have to wait.  We've been busy this week - the normal choir and piano, and homework, reading, etc.  The kids had Monday off school for President's Day - I told them I would take them to the museum - but they didn't get piano done until noon, and then there was so much snow, that we ended up not being able to go.  We've had a lot of snow this week - which makes me a bit crazy since the kids can't play outside as much.

Wednesday James and I went to the library, then I went to get my allergy shot - James loves going to get his allergy shot since it means that he gets a lollipop and a sticker.   (And all the ladies there tell him that he's adorable and so cute and sweet and funny)  Then in the evening I had choir.

Thursday Addie came over to play for the day.  She and James have a lot of fun together and play well together.  With some help from Stephanie during piano lessons, I managed to also pick up Merydth from school and take her family some Lasagne while they try and get her little brother feeling better.

Friday we had a nice quiet day - Dan and I bribed the kids into cleaning up, so the house got mostly clean and then we played games with them for a bit.  (at least with the ones who cleaned up)  Then we sent Evie to bed and played another game with the older girls.  Evie really didn't want to go to bed with out her sisters though - she kept coming up with a new excuse for staying up - the best was "I can't go to sleep, I think my skin is about to change colors!"  One we thought so funny that we called Dan's parents to let them know - and in return got some good news - Dan's brother Stephen and his family may be moving out not too far from us - in Wyoming, but only a couple hours away!

Friday night it started snowing and it hasn't stopped for long since - this is what our backyard looked like earlier today - and it's still snowing and is supposed to snow all night.

Dan left town on business early Saturday morning.  The kids and I mostly played and took it easy - I was a lazy mom and let the older kids play games while James napped - which bought me some peace and quiet and sanity.  (and kept my house somewhat clean)

Sunday mornings were much the same as usual since Dan is always at meetings in the morning.  A friend of ours came over and shoveled our driveway for me since Dan was gone (probably a good thing since I would have forgotten that it needed to be done until about the time I was trying to pull out of the garage....  While we were getting ready for church, the second big blow of the week fell - I realized that I was bleeding heavily and had miscarried....again.  This past year is really starting to feel like a "bash Deanna on the head repeatedly with a large mallet" type of year.  I was supposed to go sing at a fireside with the Chorale tonight, but it was cancelled - I was sad to not get to sing, but it was probably for the best.  Probably would have cried through the whole thing anyway.

No comments: