With school officially back into full swing, we are starting to get back into our regular habits and our regular schedule.
Tuesday was the first Skate City night of the year. The kids had a blast as always - Eileen's really starting to look comfortable on those skates! Evie and Aaron still mostly just hug the wall and skate around the carpet - but they all have a great time anyway.
Wednesday morning, I went to an allergy appointment, I'm looking at allergy shots now since nothing else seems to do anything. Hopefully they will work - in the mean time, I'm on a short term solution that has me feeling like a human being again!!
After the doctors office (where James was VERY well behaved) we picked up Nicole and kids and went to the library for a bit.
After the doctors office (where James was VERY well behaved) we picked up Nicole and kids and went to the library for a bit.
Thursday, James and I went up to Becky's to hang out and craft. Adena and James played together REALLY well - it was so nice! Plus they had marbles there - so James was in 7th heaven. I'm really looking forward to this being a normal part of our week again!!
Thursday evening, I went and visited a friend who recovering from surgery and bedridden. It was fun hanging out and chatting with her. She is such an amazing woman - she is so strong and so independent - both of which make this long time of immobility very irritating to her - yet she still works so hard to have a positive outlook and to see the good. I truly hope that if I am ever in a similar situation, that people will be able to say the same of me.
Friday, James and I took Heather and Chasity to Heather's doctor appointment. I worked on a quilt while I let James and Chasity watch Blues Clues. It was so funny to listen to them while they watched - they were laughing and giggling and interacting and singing along and chatting together - it was just adorable!!
Saturday we did our usual house cleaning and yard work. It may not be as fun as playing all day on Saturday, but I sure feel better about our house for the rest of the week when we do it! Then in the evening, we had some friends over for dinner and had lots of fun eating, chatting and playing Chinese Checkers.
I realized earlier today that with out all the excuses of outings and first days of school that I might actually have to take pictures of my kids just being cute or I will have no pictures to post here.... :P
Church today was awesome - we got a few more choir members which is awesome - then after we had the missionaries over for dinner. They (and the kids) filled up on French Toast and fresh fruit and we had a great time talking about things that we had learned at church today and learning even more. I enjoyed the conversation so much, it made me late for going Visiting Teaching. Which I enjoyed just as much. I have a couple new sisters to visit teach this month and had a marvelous time getting to know one of them today. Not only is she just an awesome person, but we have quite a bit in common which is fun! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment