Sunday, August 17, 2014

And Then There Was One

That's right - my smiley little bit of sunshine has left for Kindergarten.  Here she is with her short hair all ready to go on her first day of school.  The backpack is so big on her - when she happily runs off she just looks like a backpack with little stumpy legs and arms going crazy.  

She has loved her first week of school and her teacher and her classroom.  It took a couple days for me and the teachers to convince her and Aaron that they had to wait for their big sisters to pick them up and bring them to the car - and that they had to tell their teachers that they were leaving - not just run off - but they were so excited to tell us all about what had happened that day!  


Wednesday, since story time hasn't started up yet, Nicole and I took the kids to the park with some other friends and the kids had a blast - I was even able to sit and chat and James went and played with out me for a bit - it was amazing and unusual!  Unfortunately I paid the price after for sitting outside on the grass all morning - I was so stuffed up that evening that I could hardly breathe at all...  I really need to get to a doctor and get this solved - I hate allergies....

I got the back lawn mowed this week - and was much smarter this time - I waited until Dan was almost home to mow, then I showered after he got home - that helped a lot.  But he was still kind enough to mow the front for me this week.

Dan told the kids that if they could get everything cleaned up he would take the girls to Walmart for some new shoes and then he would cut out some wood animals for them to paint.  The girls took a long time cleaning though (as usual) and so they only got the animals cut out and Dan showed them how to sand off the rough edges - so the kids will work on sanding them down this week, then maybe we can paint next Saturday - then we can show off pictures :)

No comments: