Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fun Fun Fun!

Well Grandma Cox finished up her stay here, and we had lots of fun playing with her. She flew out Wednesday afternoon and on Thursday morning, Grandma and Grandpa Jones flew in. They have been their usual busy selves - cleaning and fixing everything they can find. The kids have been having a blast with them too. They spend as much time as they can hanging on Grandpa's legs and watching and helping Grandma. Dan left on his trip to Seattle on Monday and we were so glad to have him back today! The kids were just bouncing off the walls. The highlight of the week was the kids primary program. They had a practice for it on Saturday - so the kids had fun there - on the way home we were working on their speaking parts for the program. They each had two lines - Anna managed to memorize one of them - we worked on it in the car - but I couldn't find the other one to work on it.... Anna's lines was "I know I can have faith in Christ" - she told me she liked saying faith in Jesus better. I told her - well maybe then say Jesus Christ. Eileen said - so is Christ like his last name or something? I said...well kinda.... Eileen: "Soooo like... Heavenly Father Christ?" Me: ummmm..... not really. Eileen: "well who's in this Christ Family??" LOL - she's such a smartie!

So the actual program was today and our two little girls were the spot light stealers. Well - mostly Eileen. Anna said her line perfectly - all by her self....twice... Eileen said her lines very well - but on the first one she got a bit too close to the mic and woke up anyone sleeping in chapel and most surrounding buildings. She also sung every song at the TOP of her lungs (as in - I could hear her clearly over the entire primary) She was also bouncing around, hamming it up and pointing up anytime the word "Heaven" was sung. And any time she was unsure of the words in a song - she turned around to the primary leader behind her and looked at the program she was holding. She did the whole program with the biggest smile on her face! This sweet leader behind her tried to encourage her to be a bit more reverant , but she was a lost cause - she had both parents and her grandparents to perform to - she was radiant and I don't know that I've ever enjoyed a primary program more - I don't know which emotion was more prevalent - laughing or joy. :)

No comments: