Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conference and Canning

I'm going for the whole alliteration idea.... anyway - we have had a great weekend! My dad came out on Wednesday - he had a business meeting in Colorado Springs, and spent a few days with us around the meeting. The kids had a blast with Grandpa (and I don't think we scared him too badly...) He watched the kids for us on Friday night so Dan and I could go to the temple and then for dinner. Going to the temple right before conference was just amazing and he and I were both very glad to have gone having come out feeling at peace with some big decisions we've had to make lately. This week we also got some Bartlett pears and have been canning them... YUMMY!!! We went to my aunt and uncle's house this morning and had a great time enjoying breakfast with them and playing. They also had some stuff they were getting rid of that we got to pick through - and the kids loved coming home with a couple new toys. Conference was amazing. LOL - I don't do New Years Resolutions really - I find that most of my resolutions are made around this time of year (or April) when I hear the words of the apostles and resolve on things I can do better. So my goals after this conference? Be more thankful - I think I'm pretty good at being thankful to my husband - but I really want to make an effort to tell my kids that I appreciate them more. Be more consistent with personal scripture study - Family and couple study is regular - but I need to make time for personal study more consistently.
(if you are wondering what happened to Aaron's face and arms - he colored all over himself with markers.... and didn't want his picture taken)

No comments: