Sunday, May 17, 2009

Life.... yiippie! :P

Ok, so this was one of those crazy busy weeks where nothing really happens.... Preschool was at our house this week for the last time (YEY!!!!!!) Which meant that Tuesday and Thursday were "exhaust mommy" days. Wednesday was our usual play date. We had a blast as always and enjoyed the company of friends. And Friday we went to the library. We met some friends there and then went to the playground for lunch and fun. Needless to say, we all went home tired, but happy!

I made a decision this week with potty training Anna. After trying unsuccessfully to potty train her for the last 7 months (or so) I decided that all poopy panties, and wet clothes and somewhere between 1 and 3 accidents EVERY day, that it wasn't worth it. I decided that for my health and hers that I wasn't going to do it any more. So we are un-potty training Anna. She is back in diapers. She can have a diaper change if she wants one, and she can use the potty if she asks, but until she learns to tell us when she needs to go, I'm not going to do it. She knows how to use it, but if she doesn't want to, i'm not going to push it. I figure that eventually she will want her panties and want to be a big girl and she will make the decision, and until then, I am going to wait..... What prompted this change of heart? A childrens book that i picked up at the library called the 'Princess and the Potty'.

Saturday was fun as usual. We always LOVE having daddy home. Daddy and Eileen decided to make a pinata for Dan't birthday.... so far we have a half paper mache- ed ballon that won't dry on our counter top, but Eileen is VERY excited and so now we're hoping this works....

By the way, these pics are just totally random pics from this week with no relation to what the blog post is about... but hey, they're cute!

No comments: