
Saturday we went to a Christmas Tree farm to get our Christmas Tree. The girls loved watching the people shake the tree and put the netting around it after we had picked it out. We all had lots of fun with Grandma and Grandpa and the girls got a kick out of smelling the tree! So we took it home and set it up and then for FHE on Monday, we decorated. After Dan and I got the lights on, we all pulled out ornaments and started trying to hang them on the tree.

Aaron mostly just pulled ornaments out and tried to eat them. Or he would pull off ones that had already been hung up and try to eat those. If those didn't work, he would just go after the tree! Oddly enough, Anna seemed to manage getting the ornaments on the tree better than Eileen. She would pull ornaments out of the box and then ask who's ornament it was. She loved looking at my old ornaments from when I was a kid. She was so funny to listen to. Eileen really struggled with getting the hooks over the branches.

She too loved pulling out the ornaments and she wanted to tell everyone else where to put each ornament. So thanks to our three talented tree decoraters, we now have one beautiful Christmas tree in our house. Eileen is actually old enough this year to understand some of our talk about the real meaning of Christmas. As part of our FHE lesson, we talked about what Christmas is celebrating. We talked about how we give gifts just like the

wise men gave gifts to Jesus. We told her how we give gifts to eachother to show out love for eachother. We then asked her what gifts we can give to Jesus this Christmas, what would make Jesus happy. She throught for a second then very seriously told us that Jesus wants a Littlest Pet Shop and that would make him happy. Dan and I had a hard time not cracking up, but what sweet innocence! Gotta love kids!
4 comments:
Where did you get your background from? I love it!
That is such a cute story about the littlest pet shop. I have a feeling my little girl would have said "bubbles."
Is Anna smelling the Christmas tree? Because I'm so with her there.
I thought the girls were kissing the tree because they loved it so much but then I figured out that they were smelling it. Duh! Eileen is cute, kids are so sweet.
Post a Comment