Friday, December 5, 2008

Friends

John Lennon sang "I get by with a little help from my friends." I have a greater understanding of the truth of that now. This week has been kinda crazy for us. My heavy concert season has started as has Dan's wrestling season. Our family calendar for the week was filled up for every day of the week. We knew that it would be crazy and we prepared ourselves for it. What we forgot to prepare for was everything else that would go wrong.... Last Saturday I wasn't feeling so hot, but I kinda figured it was just tired from a crazy holiday and that it would go away with a good night sleep. I was wrong. It kept getting worse, until Wednesday, I ended up having to miss the concert because I had no voice. Thursday was no better. I was feeling run ragged and tired, sick and very annoyed at an internet connection that had been out for 2 days. I called a friend that I was going to hang out with this week to apologize for my lack of communication and to say that we would have to put off our playdate on the assumption that she didn't want my cold near her 2 month old son. :) Later that day, she showed up on my doorstep with lunch. Delicious soup, bread, cheesecake and warm cookies. I don't know that I can put words to how much this lifted my spirits that day, and in the day since just remembering kindness. I am so grateful for the people that the Lord puts in our lives to lift us up when we are feeling down. I am grateful for the friends and family who have helped me "get by"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I were there to bring you soup! I hope you are feeling better.

Melissa C. said...

I hope you're feeling better!

Claire said...

How is the half training?