It's funny, but the last couple of weeks have seemed both VERY busy and very uneventful. I'm not sure how we can be so busy doing nothing interesting.... So what have we been up to? Well, I managed to survive my concert season and even managed to get well enough to cover for the soloist who lost her voice. (yep it went through the whole choir) Dan has had his usual contingent of wrestling meets and tournaments. Eileen has had preschool. I've had soccer games. We've had all our church commitments. (which some how involves more at this time of year that all the rest of the year combined-at least for me) So now, school is out, music is done, and wrestling is off for the week. Do we get to breath? Of course not, it's the holidays!! :)
The kids are growing like crazy! Aaron has been taking steps by himself.

He will only do it if it is absolutely necessary and if he only has a couple of steps to go, otherwise he plops down like a rag doll and refuses to stand on his feet at all. He has taken a much more active interest in climbing, much to my dismay. We have a couple of stools in the house to help the girls reach things and help with things. Any time I leave him for a few seconds with access to one of these stools, he is up it faster than I can say "Aaron, get down from there now!!!" The problem is he looks so cute there! The other day I heard him fussing a bit and I found him in the bathroom. He had climbed the girls stool and was trying to play in the sink, but the stool had slid back and he had gotten stuck. He was suspended between the sink and the stool, holding on to the stool with just a couple of toes. For once I didn't run for the camera.... :) What a crazy little boy!!

Anna has had an obnoxious back sliding in her potty training. She has had more accidents this week than in the entire potty training process combined. I guess it's just the crazy schedule that we have been on. I was afraid when we started potty training that the holidays would cause problems, but she was ready, and I was sick of changing diapers. She is learning so much and talking so much. She loves to imitate her sister. When Eileen says something Anna repeats it. So she is leaning many new words and slowly getting easier to understand. Her sweet smile and cuddly nature warm my heart! She always wants to sit with me and be cuddled with and read to. Tonight as they were getting ready for bed Anna told Dan that she doesn't get tooth paste. (she has been caught recently eating tooth paste, so I don't leave it on the counter any more!) She is a stickler for making sure that she and everyone else are following mommy's rules... (of course this is entirely selective!)

Eileen just amazes me. The other day while she was showering, Dan went in to check on her and he found ZOO in foam bath letters on the wall. Eileen sees him and says "Z-O-O that spells zoo! See daddy I spelled zoo!" I didn't know she knew how to spell zoo! So the next day she asks me how to spell dog. So we sat there and sounded it out together. Sure enough, the next time she was in the tub, she spelled DOG on the wall. Her next word was CAT. I am just amazed that my 4 year old little girl is already starting to read and write and spell! Today at church, she sat on my lap during the Sacrament and we talked quietly about Jesus. She told me all about how Jesus was born and how he hung on the cross and how he loves little children. It was so sweet to talk to her about these beautiful stories and see her understanding.
So there is what we have been up to! Now I need to go to bed and recover from the weekend... :)
2 comments:
That hiccup in potty training is pretty typical, even without the holidays. I guess it's a good thing we don't have to do laundry by beating it on a rock. :)
What smart nieces and nephews I have! Their mommy must be doing things right! What do they have you doing at church? Love ya!
Post a Comment