Sunday, December 14, 2025

Icky-Sickies and Travel

This week has been crazy.  Monday morning, Evelyn's throat was still really hurting, so I took her into the doctor's to get her checked out.  She tested positive for Strep.  We got her medication and took her home to get her rested and feeling better.  Thankfully, she was feeling better quickly with the medicine!  (Especially since she was already stressing out about missing school and rehearsals and such.  

Then, I went to the high school to put the water polo stuff back in the sports locker there, then grocery shopping and finally picking up David from school.  That evening, he went to water polo - it was a older kids practice, but the younger kids were allowed to join them since their weeked practices had been cancelled for a swim meet.  Blake and Cameron were out of town, so Mark was glad to have an extra coach there helping out.  David was doing great and having some fun diving in to the pool from the side.  Then he saw one of the divers practicing and doing something where they jumped high, went spread eagle, then pulled into a pike position as they entered the water.  He thought it looked awesome and later decided to try it.  He face-planted/belly-flopped/really ouchie hurt.  At first he was just a bit freaked out, then he started crying and I held him while the pain slowly subsided.  Poor kiddo!!  I had thought he was just going to dive in like he had been all evening, but he landed flat out on the water!  

Tuesday morning, David was complaining of a sore throat, so I took the day off work and took him in to the doctor's office to get him tested for Strep too.  The rapid test came back negative, but they said he should stay home from school until the longer test came back.  So David spent most of the week home  from school - and rather bored and missing friends too.  Thursday the test came back positive and so I picked up his medicine after work.  Now at least he's feeling better and ready to go back to school next week!  

Tuesday evening, I went with Aaron and Evelyn for swim practice - they were getting ready for their first meet.  I had a great time helping out with some of the kids strokes and helping the new kids on their dives off the blocks.  

Wednesday was busy with work and workouts and kids stuff.  In the evening was the swim team dinner.  The team provided the main dishes - they got tons of pasta from Olive Garden and of course, the kids brought side dishes and desserts and while a TON of food was eaten, there was (of course) a ton of leftover stuff too.  We sent home a lot of it with Conner and the rest was left here.  To add to our stock of leftover food.  It was kinda nice not having to worry about cooking all of it though!  

Thursday was busy again - we had work and school and such, then after, Aaron and Evelyn had their swim meet.  The meet went well - smoothly for a first meet and the kids did well!  Also, some of my polo players were there on the other team too since we were playing Southridge.  It was fun to see them and cheer them all on!  After, Dan and I went out for dinner at Shake Shack and then to Mountainside for the Winter Fest celebration concert.  It was fun and some of the acts were very good!  Evelyn did an amazing job of course!!  Thankfully she was fully back to feeling better after being sick!  

Friday Dan packed up and headed for the airport to fly to Texas, where as far as I can tell, he and my parents have just been cooking for eachother the whole time....  I think they are all going to put on 10 pounds this weekend, but they are having a blast together!  

Friday night, I took David to water polo - which was good since I was the only coach there.  :)  He had fun and did a great job!  Evelyn had her second Winter Fest concert and it also went well!  

Saturday was NUTS.  I went to swim in the morning, then to the Christmas team party after.  It was a lot of fun and we had a fun little white elephant exchange and great food and fun chatting!  Then I went home and got the kids up to go to the Ward Christmas Breakfast.  We ate (more) and chatted and sang and the kids got to do a Christmas Pinata.  They couldn't get the blindfold to stay on David though!!  




It was fun and yummy!  Then back home for a bit before I headed to Parkrose for water polo.  It was a ton of fun with full court 6x6!  Then after that, I got home in time to do scriptures with the kids and then headed to the church to play the piano for a baptism.  It was beautiful!  Then I headed home, grabbed my stuff and headed to the annual Ugly Sweater party and White Elephant Gift Exhange.  It was a lot of fun - I got to chat with Truman's parents for a bit and hang out with lots of friends!  After the party, I hit Open Polo for the last hour - numbers were SUPER low though, so it was more messing around than real play.  It was fun though.  

Today was wonderful!  Church was great - lots of getting ready for the Christmas Program!  Primary kids are doing great!  Choir sounds amazing and I'm so looking forward to next week!  Then dinner and finally after scriptures, I went with Eileen and David to Evelyns' Encore concert.  It was amazing!!!!  I kept crying at the beautiful music and beautiful message - and apparently David is a sympathetic crier..... I've been a bit emotional today.  

No comments: