Sunday, December 28, 2025

Christmas

Monday was crazy busy - I spent the whole day getting everything ready for our Bagna Cauda Party.  It went well - lots of friends and fun and music and of course, yummy food.  I'd invited friends with dietary restrictions - so when we had vegan and gluten free options for food, people were so grateful, it's nice to be able to make people feel welcome and comfortable!  

Tuesday, we passed out cookie plates as a family and sang carols.  It was so much fun as always!  


Tuesday evening, Dan went to hang out with friends, and I had Nicole and Kristin over to do a puzzle with Eileen and I.  I picked this neon one which proved a difficult one, but we had a great time! 



Wednesday, I spent the whole day trying to finish off Christmas stuff for everyone.  I was SO exhausted by the end....  So I went home and was just totally ready to crash.  After getting David to bed, We finished getting Christmas stuff set up and ready for Christmas morning!  


Thursday morning, we woke up to Dan and David running around the house yelling "He's been here!  He's been here! Santa Clause been here!"  in the style of Your's Mine and Ours!  It was so fun!  Then we wore our matching pj's for a picture on the stairs.  Then we finally got down to the business of stockings and breakfast and presents.
 


Grandma and Grandpa got in the afternoon and came over, but they spent a lot of the time wrapping presents.  Then we spent a nice evening dinner with Sandi and my parents and our family!  

Friday we got up and mostly had a lazy morning, then we got together with Sandi and Dad and Mom to open presents.  It was a fun time!  Then we hung out and played games until the evening.  Sandi had something else going on that evening, and Dan and I went with Mom and Dad to Fogo de Chao for dinner.  It was super yummy and fun! 


Saturday, my mom took Eileen and Evelyn out for their Christmas shopping trips, then we met up with all the girls for Pedicures.  Finally we had a nice quiet evening with dinner and chatting, before my everyone headed home, and I headed for open polo with Aaron.  It was a great turn out and we had a blast!  It was much more capable players and actually playing, so it was a lot of fun! 

Sunday was fun and busy.  We had church in the morning, then had fun as a family trying out some of our new games.  Then we went to Sandi's house in the evening for dinner and a final round of opening presents with Taz and Kai.  By that point, a lot of us were pretty exhausted, so we headed home and to bed!  




No comments: