This week was the beginning of the water polo season. Aaron had his practices at Raleigh Hills in the late afternoon, and I was with the girls at Aloha at night. Working with the girls has been so fun - they are an amazing group of girls and this week of practices has been great! The biggest stress so far has just been trying to get to know everyone (names especially) and trying to decide on a captain....
Dan ran the Hood to Coast this weekend. He left EARLY Friday morning and was gone until Saturday night. It was a fun group and they had a great time. Dan did amazing and came home exhausted!
Friday, I took David and Evelyn with a group of Evelyn's friends out to Hagg Lake. The day was hot and beautiful. The lake was rather low and you had to slog through mud to get to the water, but the cool water felt so nice on a hot day and we had fun!
Saturday, Aaron and I went to Parkrose to play water polo - it was a good group and a lot of fun! Also I played pretty well. It was funny, a new guy came - and he looked familiar, but I couldn't figure out why and I was pretty sure it wasn't water polo. I finally figured out most of the way through the scrimmage that he was one of the regular swimmers at THPRD. He had also thought I looked familiar, but with out the red lifeguard shirt, he hadn't placed me either. Then I went to hang out with Paxton's mom while the boys played and swam. It was a busy, but fun day! Evelyn had band stuff in the afternoon, then flute lessons and finally the Youth Music Festival and dance in the evening.
Church today was wonderful and then in the afternoon we had fun playing Settlers of Catan with David and teaching him how to play. We did back to school blessings tonight before David's bedtime. It is such a wonderful tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment